Arakan National Party
|Chairman||Aye Thar Aung|
|Vice President||Kwe Thar Ann|
|Founded||6 March 2014|
|Headquarters||Sittwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar|
|Seats in the Amyotha Hluttaw||
10 / 224
|Seats in the Pyithu Hluttaw||
12 / 440
|Seats in the Rakhine State Hluttaw||
22 / 47
|Ethnic Affairs Ministers||
1 / 29
The Arakan National Party (Burmese: ရခိုင်အမျိုးသားပါတီ; abbreviated ANP), is a political party in Myanmar (Burma), representing the interests of the Rakhine people in Rakhine State and Yangon Region. The party was founded on 13 January 2014 and registered with the election commission on 6 March 2014. The chairman of ANP is Dr. Aye Maung.
On 17 June 2013, The Rakhine Nationalities Development Party, led by Dr. Aye Maung, and the Arakan League for Democracy, led by Aye Thar Aung, signed an agreement to merge under the name of the Arakan National Party after more than eight months of negotiations.
In the 2015 general election, the party contested 63 seats in Rakhine State, Chin State, Ayeyarwady Region, and Yangon Region. The party won 10 seats in the Amyotha Hluttaw, 12 in the Pyithu Hluttaw, 22 in the Rakhine State Hluttaw, and one party member became an Ethnic Affairs Minister.
- "Rakhine National Party allowed as political party | Ministry Of Information". Moi.gov.mm. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Formation of Rakhine National Party approved | Ministry Of Information". Moi.gov.mm. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Arakanese Political Parties Merge to Form ANP.". Irrawaddy.org. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Naw Say Phaw Waa (21 June 2013). "Rakhine parties formalise merger". The Myanmar Times. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Arakan National Party receives official recognition". Bnionline.net. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Mya, Nang (8 October 2013). "Newly formed Rakhine National Party appoints leadership | DVB Multimedia Group". Dvb.no. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Arakan alliance | DVB Multimedia Group". Dvb.no. 9 March 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Sittwe to host Arakan National Party's important meeting". Bnionline.net. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.