2011 Critérium du Dauphiné
The 2011 Critérium du Dauphiné, was the 63rd running of the Critérium du Dauphiné (formerly Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré) cycling stage race. It started on 5 June in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and ended on 12 June in La Toussuire and consisted of eight stages, including a race-commencing prologue stage and an individual time trial, held as the third stage. It was the 15th race of the 2011 UCI World Tour season.
The race was won by Team Sky rider Bradley Wiggins, who claimed the leader's yellow and blue jersey after a strong finish on the individual time trial stage, and maintained his advantage to the end of the race. Wiggins' winning margin over runner-up Cadel Evans of BMC Racing Team was 1 minute and 26 seconds, and Astana's Alexander Vinokourov completed the podium, 23 seconds down on Evans.
In the race's other classifications, Team Katusha rider Joaquim Rodríguez won both the King of the Mountains classification, and the green jersey for the points classification, Saur–Sojasun's Jérôme Coppel won the young rider classification, with Team Europcar finishing at the head of the teams classification.
The winner of the 2010 Critérium du Dauphiné, Janez Brajkovič, was looking to defend last year's victory, while other pre-race favourites like Tirreno–Adriatico and Tour de Romandie winner, Cadel Evans, as well as Ivan Basso, Robert Gesink, Samuel Sánchez, Alexander Vinokourov and Bradley Wiggins used the race as a trial-run for the Tour de France.
- 5 June 2011 – Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, 5.4 km (3.4 mi) individual time trial (ITT)
|Prologue Result and General Classification after Prologue
- 6 June 2011 – Albertville to Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse, 144 km (89 mi)
|Stage 1 Result
||General Classification after Stage 1
- 7 June 2011 – Voiron to Lyon, 179 km (111 mi)
|Stage 2 Result
||General Classification after Stage 2
- 8 June 2011 – Grenoble, 42.5 km (26.4 mi) individual time trial (ITT)
|Stage 3 Result
||General Classification after Stage 3
- 9 June 2011 – La Motte-Servolex to Mâcon, 173.5 km (107.8 mi)
|Stage 4 Result
||General Classification after Stage 4
- 10 June 2011 – Parc des Oiseaux – Villars-les-Dombes to Les Gets, 210 km (130 mi)
|Stage 5 Result
||General Classification after Stage 5
- 11 June 2011 – Les Gets to Le Collet d'Allevard, 192.5 km (119.6 mi)
|Stage 6 Result
||General Classification after Stage 6
- 12 June 2011 – Pontcharra to La Toussuire, 117.5 km (73.0 mi)
|Stage 7 Result
||Final General Classification