2009 FIFA Club World Cup Final
|Event||2009 FIFA Club World Cup|
|After extra time|
|Date||19 December 2009|
|Venue||Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi|
|Man of the Match||Lionel Messi (Barcelona)|
|Referee||Benito Archundia (Mexico)|
22 °C (72 °F)
The 2009 FIFA Club World Cup Final was the final match of the 2009 FIFA Club World Cup, a football tournament for the champion clubs from each of FIFA's six continental confederations. The match took place at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, on 19 December 2009, and pitted Estudiantes of Argentina, the CONMEBOL club champions, against Barcelona of Spain, the UEFA club champions.
Estudiantes forward Mauro Boselli opened the scoring in the 37th minute, but Pedro equalised for Barcelona with one minute of the 90 left to play. Lionel Messi scored the winning goal in the fifth minute of the second half of extra time, securing Barcelona's record sixth trophy for the 2009 calendar year.
Road to final
|Winner of the 2009 Copa Libertadores||Qualification||Winner of the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League|
|2–1 Pohang Steelers
(Benítez 45+2', 53')
(Busquets 35', Messi 55', Pedro 67')
19 December 2009
|Boselli 37'||Report|| Pedro 89'|
Man of the Match:
- "Match Report" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "Toyota Cup - Most Valuable Player of the Match Award". RSSSF. 20 December 2007. Archived from the original on 24 December 2008. Retrieved 17 December 2008.
- "Barcelona beat Estudiantes to win the Club World Cup". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 19 December 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Messi seals number six". ESPN Soccernet. 19 December 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Match Statistics". FIFA. Archived from the original on 17 October 2010. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2009 FIFA Club World Cup.|