2009–10 Portland Trail Blazers season
|2009–10 Portland Trail Blazers season|
|Head coach||Nate McMillan|
Division: 3rd (Northwest)|
Conference: 6th (Western)
|Playoff finish||Lost in first round to Phoenix 4-2|
Stats @ Basketball-Reference.com
|Television||CSN Northwest, KGW|
- June 25 – The 2009 NBA draft took place in New York City.
- July 8 – The free agency period started.
- September 28 – Training camp begins
- October 6 – First preseason game
- October 14 – Commemorative 40-year anniversary game at Memorial Coliseum
- October 27 – First regular-season game
- March 16 – Tom Penn is relieved of his assistant general manager duties by owner Paul Allen.
- April 18 – Blazers begin playoff series with the Phoenix Suns.
- April 29 – Phoenix Suns defeat the Blazers in Game 6 of the playoff series.
- June 24, 2010 – Kevin Pritchard is relieved of his general manager duties by owner Paul Allen.
|2||8||Jon Brockman (T)|
Portland Trail Blazers roster
As part of the team's 40th-year celebration, the Blazers played a pre-season game at Memorial Coliseum on October 14, 2009 against the Phoenix Suns. Team founder Harry Glickman, former players Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, and Bob Gross, as well as broadcaster Bill Schonely attended the game. The Suns defeated the Blazers, 110-104 with 11,740 tickets sold. All tickets for this game were $19.70 to represent the team's inaugural 1970 season.
|2009 Pre-season Game Log: 4–4 (Home: 2–2 ; Road: 2–2)|
|1||October 6||vs. Sacramento Kings||W 98–86||1–0||7pm||n/a|
|2||October 7||at Sacramento Kings||W 89–86||2–0||7pm||n/a|
|3||October 9||at Los Angeles Clippers||L 85–97||2–1||7:30pm||n/a|
|4||October 14||vs. Phoenix Suns||L 104–110||2–2||7pm||n/a|
|5||October 15||at Utah Jazz||L 96–99||2–3||6pm||n/a|
|6||October 18||vs. Denver Nuggets||W 98–96||3–3||6pm||n/a|
|7||October 20||vs. Utah Jazz||L 97–108||3–4||7pm||n/a|
|8||October 22||at Phoenix Suns||W 113–93||4–4||7pm||n/a|
|x-Portland Trail Blazers||50||32||.610||3||26–15||24–17||8–8|
|x-Oklahoma City Thunder||50||32||.610||3||27–14||23–18||9–7|
|1||c-Los Angeles Lakers||57||25||.695||–|
|6||x-Portland Trail Blazers||50||32||.610||7|
|7||x-San Antonio Spurs||50||32||.610||7|
|8||x-Oklahoma City Thunder||50||32||.610||7|
|11||New Orleans Hornets||37||45||.451||20|
|12||Los Angeles Clippers||29||53||.354||28|
|13||Golden State Warriors||26||56||.317||31|
|2010 playoff game log|
First Round: 2–4 (Home: 1–2; Road: 1–2)
|2010 playoff schedule|
Average Points Scored: 98.4
Average Points Allowed: 95.2
Average Point Spread: + 3.2
Quarter-by-Quarter Scoring: 24.6
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game|
Awards, records and milestones
- Brandon Roy was selected as an All-Star reserve (third All-Star appearance; did not play due to injury).
Injuries and surgeries
- July 9: Patrick Mills – broken foot; returned to active roster January 4
- September 9: Jeff Pendergraph – surgery to repair congenital hip disorder; returned to active roster December 21
- October 30: Nicolas Batum – surgery to repair right shoulder muscle tear; returned to active roster January 25
- November 14: Travis Outlaw – broken left foot; traded February 16
- December 5: Greg Oden – broken left patella; out for season
- December 5: Coach Nate McMillan – ruptured right Achilles tendon; returned to the bench December 15
- December 8: Rudy Fernández – surgery to repair sciatic nerve damage; returned to active roster January 13
- December 22: Joel Przybilla – dislocated right patella and ruptured patellar tendon; out for season
- January 2: Brandon Roy – strained hamstring; returned to active roster February 16
- April 11: Brandon Roy – right knee meniscus tear, arthroscopic knee surgery; returned to active roster April 24
|Players lost |
Via Free Agency
- Anne M. Peterson (2009-10-15). "Blazers go retro but lose 110-104 to Suns". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 15 October 2009.
- "Blazers' injuries, ailments continue to pile up". The Oregonian. December 8, 2009. Archived from the original on 24 January 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla out for season after surgery". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 24, 2009. Archived from the original on 14 March 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- Quick, Jason (February 17, 2010). "Blazers' Brandon Roy says he will try to play Friday against Boston Celtics". The Oregonian. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Roy returns to help Blazers blister Suns and even series". ESPN.com. Associated Press. April 24, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 April 2010. Retrieved April 24, 2010.
- 2009–10 Portland Trail Blazers season at ESPN
- 2009–10 Portland Trail Blazers season at Basketball Reference