See also:

Court case: FSFE sacked female employees Susanne Eiswirt and Galia Mancheva

Re: Dmitry Bogatov arrested in Moscow

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 02:45:33PM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be uncontrovercial to merely announce the basic facts as we
> know them?
>
>     The Debian Project is concerned to hear that one of our members,
>     (person, notability) has been (details of incident).
>
>     We await further details of the case against him, but hope that
>     (something about fair trial and due process).
>
>     In the meantime, the Debian Project has taken measures to secure its
>     systems (revocation of keys / credentials in his possession).

This is so obviously the right thing to do that it puzzles me to see other
people in our community assuming we should do something stronger, and
then rejecting the whole idea based on that position.

Yes, we should do this, as an official position of the project.
Preferably today, but if we can't reach Dmitry or his legal
representation today, then before the end of the week.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,