16 Haziran 1956|
ABD / New York
Angels in America ile Pulitzer ödülünü kazanmıştır. Tony Kushner ayrıca Eric Roth'la beraber Münih'in senaristidir (yönetmen, Steven Spielberg). Manhattan'da doğmuştur ama yahudi ve müzik eğitimi almış olan ebeveynleri onun doğumundan kısa süre sonra Lake Charles, Louisiana'ya taşınmıştır. Kushner 1974'te New York'a taşınmıştır ve eğitimini Columbia Üniversitesi'nde sürdürmüştür. Yönetmenlik eğitimini New York Üniversitesinde almıştır ve 1984 te mezun olmuştur. Nisan 2003'te Mark Harris'le New York'ta evlenmiştir.
- The Age of Assassins, New York, Newfoundland Theatre, 1982.
- La Fin de la Baleine: An Opera for the Apocalypse, New York, Ohio Theatre, 1983.
- The Umbrella Oracle, Martha's Vineyard, The Yard, Inc..
- Last Gasp at the Cataract, Martha's Vineyard, The Yard, Inc., 1984.
- Yes, Yes, No, No: The Solace-of-Solstice, Apogee/Perigee, Bestial/Celestial Holiday Show, produced in St. Louis, Missouri, Imaginary Theatre Company, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, 1985, published in Plays in Process, 1987.
- Stella (Johann Wolfgang von oyunundan uyarlandı Goethe), New York'ta yazıldı, 1987.
- A Bright Room Called Day, produced in New York, Theatre 22, 22 April 1985; San Francisco, Eureka Theatre, October 1987; London, Bush Theatre, 1988), Broadway Play Publishing, 1991.
- The Heavenly Theatre, produced at New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, 1986.
- In Great Eliza's Golden Time, produced in St. Louis, Missouri, Imaginary Theatre Company, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, 1986.
- Hydriotaphia, produced in New York City, 1987 (based on the life on Sir Thomas Browne)
- The Illusion (adapted from Pierre Corneille's play L'Illusion comique; produced in New York City, 1988, revised version produced in Hartford, CT, 1990), Broadway Play Publishing, 1991.
- In That Day (Lives of the Prophets), New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, 1989.
- (With Ariel Dorfman) Widows (adapted from a book by Ariel Dorfman), produced in Los Angeles, CA, 1991.
- Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes, Part One: Millennium Approaches (produced in San Francisco, 1991), Hern, 1992.
- Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes, Part Two: Perestroika, produced in New York City, 1992.
- Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes (includes both parts), Theatre Communications Group (New York, NY), 1995.
- Slavs! Thinking About the Longstanding Problems of Virtue and Happiness, Theatre Communications Group, 1995.
- Reverse Transcription: Six Playwrights Bury a Seventh, A Ten-Minute Play That's Nearly Twenty Minutes Long, Louisville, Humana Festival of New American Plays, Actors Theatre of Louisville, March 1996.
- A Dybbuk, or Between Two Worlds (adapted from Joachim Neugroschel's transation of the original play by S. Ansky; produced in New York City at the Joseph Papp Public Theater, 1997), Theatre Communications Group, 1997.
- The Good Person of Szechuan (uyarlama Bertolt Brecht), Arcade, 1997.
- (With Eric Bogosian and others) Love's Fire: Seven New Plays Inspired by Seven Shakespearean Sonnets, Morrow, 1998.
- Terminating, or Lass Meine Schmerzen Nicht Verloren Sein, or Ambivalence, in Love's Fire, Minneapolis, Guthrie Theater Lab, 7 January 1998; New York: Joseph Papp Public Theater, 19 June 1998.
- Henry Box Brown, or the Mirror of Slavery, Royal National Theare'da sergilendi, London, 1998.
- Homebody/Kabul, first performed in New York City, 19 December 2001.
- Caroline, or Change (musical), the Joseph Papp Public Theater'da ilk defa sergilendi, 2002.
- (Director)Ellen McLaughlin, Helen, produced at the Joseph Papp Public Theater, 2002.
- Only We Who Guard The Mystery Shall Be Unhappy, 2003.
- Translation with “liberties”—but purportedly “not an adaptation”—of Brecht’s Mother Courage and Her Children (2006)
- A Meditation from Angels in America, HarperSan Francisco, 1994.
- Thinking about the Longstanding Problems of Virtue and Happiness: Essays, a Play, Two Poems, and a Prayer, Theatre Communications Group (New York, NY), 1995.
- Howard Cruse, Stuck Rubber Baby, introduction by Kushner (New York: Paradox Press, 1995).
- David B. Feinberg, Queer and Loathing: Rants and Raves of a Raging AIDS Clone, introduction by Kushner (New York: Penguin, 1995).
- David Wojnarowicz, The Waterfront Journals, edited by Amy Scholder, introduction by Kushner (New York: Grove, 1996).
- "Three Screeds from Key West: For Larry Kramer," in We Must Love One Another or Die: The Life and Legacies of Larry Kramer, edited by Lawrence D. Mass (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1997), pp. 191–199.
- Moises Kaufman, Gross Indecency, afterword by Kushner (New York: Vintage, 1997), pp. 135–143.
- Plays by Tony Kushner (New York: Broadway Play Publishing, 1999). Includes:
- A Bright Room called Day
- The Illusion
- Slavs! Thinking About the Longstanding Problems of Virtue and Happiness
- Death & Taxes: Hydriotaphia, and Other Plays, Theatre Communications Group (New York, NY), 2000. Includes:
- Reverse transcription
- Hydriotaphia: or the Death of Dr. Browne, (adaptation of Hydriotaphia, Urn Burial (A fictitious, imaginary account of Sir Thomas Browne's character not based upon fact)
- G. David Schine in Hell
- Notes on Akiba
- East Coast Ode to Howard Jarvis
- Brundibar, illustrated by Maurice Sendak, Hyperion Books for Children, 2003.
- The Art of Maurice Sendak: 1980 to the Present, 2003
- Save Your Democratic Soul!: Rants, Screeds, and Other Public Utterances
- Wrestling with Zion: Progressive Jewish-American Responses to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, with Alisa Solomon, Grove, 2003.
- La Fin de la Baleine: An Opera for the Apocalypse, (opera) 1983
- St. Cecilia or The Power of Music, (opera libretto based on Heinrich von Kleist's eighteenth-century story Die heilige Cäcilie oder Die Gewalt der Musik, Eine Legende)
- Caroline or Change, (Müzikal)
- Brundibar, (an opera in collaboration with Maurice Sendak)
- Munich, Steven Spielberg yönetmenliğinde (2005)
- Emmy Award
- Pulitzer Prize Drama dalında
- Two Tony Awards
- Evening Standard Award
- New York Drama Critics Circle Award
- American Academy of Arts and Letters Award
- Whiting Writers Fellowship
- Lila Wallace/Reader's Digest Fellowship
- National Foundation of Jewish Culture, Cultural Achievement award
- Honorary Doctor of Letters from Pace University on May 25th, 2004
- Honorary Degree from Brandeis University mayıs 21, 2006
- Kalb, Jonathan (06.08.2006). "Still Fearsome, Mother Courage Gets a Makeover". The New York Times. s. 2.4. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0615FC3B5B0C758CDDA10894DE404482. Erişim tarihi: 24.05.2009.