Vampyric names are given to the player by Vanescula Drakan during Sins of the Father quest. The name and identity are given to the player to allow them to pose around Darkmeyer as an upcoming vampyre noble. This will be used by vampyres to refer to them in Darkmeyer.
Currently, the player's Vampyric name cannot be changed after it has been given.
List of possible vampyric names[edit | edit source]
- von Pitt
- von Tyn
- "Anaric" may be a reference to Mod Ana, who took over as main developer of the Myreque series after Mod Tytn.
- "Carnivar" comes from the Latin carnivorus, meaning flesh-eating.
- "Haemar" comes from the Ancient Greek prefix haemo-, meaning blood.
- "Helsing" is the last name of the vampire hunter from the horror novel Dracula.
- "Noctil" comes from the Latin nox, meaning night.
- "Caermoran" is a reference to The Witcher series, "Kaer Morhen", which in Welsh means "Ancient Sea Fort". This was the secret location where the Witchers trained to fight monsters, including vampires.
- "Diaemus" is a genus of bats. The only member of this genus is Diaemus youngi, the white-winged vampire bat.
- "Kardava" possibly comes from the word "cadaver", the medical term for a corpse.
- "Lugosi" is a reference to the actor Bela Lugosi, who played the titular character in the 1931 film Dracula.
- "Mortabel" comes from the Latin mors, meaning death.
- "Rasputin" is a reference to Grigori Rasputin, a Russian Orthodox mystic.
- "Sanguine" comes from the Latin sanguis, meaning blood.
- "von Tyn" is a reference to Mod Tytn, who was the original developer of the Myreque series.