The Undead ones play a critical part in the Shilo Village quest. Both skeletal and zombie undead ones are found in Ah Za Rhoon and Rashiliyia's Tomb, whereas the zombie undead ones are also found at the entrance to Shilo Village. They are decent training for people using Ranged, Magic, or a halberd.
When killed, some release a gas that can damage for 2-3 Hitpoints over time. However, it is not poisonous, so Antipoison is not required. The gas only affects characters in a one-square radius around where the undead one was when it was killed, so if players kill one, they have a few seconds to run to avoid taking damage. The skeletal undead ones do not release this gas.
They can be used as a substitution for Zombies or Skeletons as a Slayer task, depending on which ones are killed, for higher-levelled players who wish to get more experience from their task. They barely have any drops, and so are rarely killed.
Players can earn around 37,000-40,000 Combat experience per hour fighting undead ones.
- ↑ Bones are only dropped by the skeletal variant.
- ↑ Skeleton champion scrolls are only dropped by the skeletal variant.
- ↑ Zombie champion scrolls are only dropped by the zombie variant.
- Some zombie undead ones carry a macuahuitl, a type of weapon used by the Mesoamerican Aztecs.
- The undead ones wearing masks make the same sounds as skeletons, despite being zombies. Similarly, the skeletal undead ones holding swords and round shields make zombie sounds. This might be a glitch.