The Old School RuneScape Wiki defaults to the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, etc. This may be changed by clicking the moon icon at the top right of the site.
Sir Amik Varze is Asgarnia's current ruler, in the stead of King Vallance, and the leader of the White Knights of Falador. He has association with the Temple Knights. He is located on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the western section of the White Knights' Castle in Falador.
Players may start the following quests by speaking to Sir Amik Varze:
Saving Sir Amik Varze is a part of the Recipe for Disaster quest.
Sir Amik Varze is a part of the Dragon Slayer II quest where players speak to him to go to a meeting in Varrock.
Becoming regent of Asgarnia[edit | edit source]
In the years 162-163 of the Fifth Age, King Vallance, ruler of Asgarnia, fell very ill in his old age. Unable to rule in this state, Sir Amik took over the management of the kingdom, ensuring the White Knights filled the power vacuum and making himself regent of Asgarnia.
In the year 163, the White Knights declared that the Kinshra were no longer to have any political power within Asgarnia. Lord Daquarius of the Kinshra responded by declaring war against Falador. The White Knights and the Kinshra fought a great battle to the north of Falador, but it resulted in a draw as both sides were unable to overpower the other.
This section is a stub. Please help expand it.
Dealings with the Temple Knights[edit | edit source]
Thanks to the adventurer's role in sabotaging the Kinshra's secret weapon, Sir Amik wrote them a letter of recommendation to the Temple Knights order. They successfully completed the trials required to join their organisation, however, the adventurer could not become a Temple Knight due to a decree that only allows White Knights to join the order. In order to circumvent this rule, Sir Tiffy Cashien, of the Temple Knights, sent word to Sir Amik that Solus Dellagar, a powerful mage and mass-murderer, had returned to Asgarnia from his permanent exile, and that he should send all available White Knights to confront him. This would prompt Sir Amik to pronounce the adventurer as a deputised White Knight. After they hunted down and captured Dellagar, Sir Amik promoted them to a full-fledged White Knight.
The Secret Council of RuneScape[edit | edit source]
During the decennial meeting of the Secret Council of RuneScape in Lumbridge Castle, the feast prepared by the castle's cook and the adventurer unintentionally broke the spell that kept imprisoned the Culinaromancer, a food magician who attempted to kill the members of the secret council 100 years prior. As a member of the council, Sir Amik attended the summit. The Culinaromancer interrupted the meeting but, before he could attack the council, Gypsy Aris intervened and froze the flow of time within the room. In order to free Sir Amik and protect him from the culinaromancer's magic, the adventurer had to prepare a creme brulee supreme flambéed by K'klik, one of the last fairy dragons.
This section is a stub. Please help expand it.
- Sir Amik Varze appears on one of the seven Postbag from the Hedge stamps.
- As with many of the White Knights, his name is a play on words; when spoken with a non-rhotic accent, it sounds like "ceramic vase".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Varrock Museum, display 33, RuneScape. "5th Age - yr 162–163. The old king of Asgarnia, King Vallance, falls very ill. The White Knights took advantage of this and began to take control of Falador and Asgarnia for themselves."
- ↑ Varrock Museum, display 33, RuneScape. "Year 163, 5th Age - The White Knights declared that the Black knights were no longer to have any political power within Asgarnia. Lord Daquarius of the Kinshra immediately responds by declaring his Black Knights as being at a state of war with Falador. The two sides engaged in a big battle to the north of Falador - however, both sides were fairly evenly matched, and retreated to their fortresses to build up their forces and devise plans to crush the other, once and for all."
- ↑ Sir Amik Varze, "Recruitment Drive", Old School RuneScape. "[...] there is an organisation that is always looking for capable adventurers to assist them. Your excellent work sorting out those Black Knights means I will happily write you a letter of recommendation. [...] Erm, well, this is a little embarrassing, I already HAVE put you forward as a potential member. They are called the Temple Knights [...]"
- ↑ Sir Tiffy Cashien, "Wanted!", Old School RuneScape. "Only members of the White Knights may join the Temple Knights. By ancient decree, dontchaknow."
- ↑ Sir Tiffy Cashien, "Wanted!", Old School RuneScape. "I have sent word to Amik that a dangerous criminal we once thought exiled is on the loose again, and that he should send all available White Knights to confront him. This should give him enough of a scare to deputise you immediately."
- ↑ Sir Amik Varze, "Wanted!", Old School RuneScape. "You have not heard of the infamous murder-mage? He terrorised these lands many years past, thinking himself above the law with his powerful enchantments, but the White Knights finally managed to bring him to justice and he was permanently exiled."
- ↑ Sir Amik Varze, "Wanted!", Old School RuneScape. "In the name of King Valence, and for the honour of Saradomin, I now pronounce you a fully deputised White Knight. May honour and glory follow you in every action."
- ↑ Sir Amik Varze, "Wanted!", Old School RuneScape. "Now that you are a White Knight I should perhaps explain a little about how our system works."
- ↑ Gypsy Aris, "Recipe for Disaster: Another Cook's Quest", Old School RuneScape. "Well, the current cook of Lumbridge obviously discovered an ancient manuscript of his ancestors, and believing it to be a recipe decided to recreate the spell that banished him. Which obviously seems to have opened the portal enough for him to escape back to this dimension."
- ↑ Gypsy Aris, "Recipe for Disaster: Another Cook's Quest", Old School RuneScape. "A hundred years ago, he worked here in Lumbridge castle for the then Duke as a cook. [...] Knowing of the regular meetings of the secret council here in Lumbridge, the Culinaromancer decided that he would eliminate all of them as the first step to his plans for world domination. [...] As his plans were coming to fruition his assistant discovered them, and used his own magic against him, to trap him in another dimension where his powers would be useless."
- ↑ Cook, "Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze", Old School RuneScape. "Apparently, a creme brulee supreme needs to be flambed at exactly the right temperature, and the only fire that is hot enough to do this is the breath of a dragon. Luckily, while killing black dragons near the Evil Chicken's lair, you came across a method of forcing a dragon to your will so that it would complete the dish, which you then used to protect Sir Amik!"