|Also known as||God of Light|
|Alignment||Order and wisdom|
|Colours||Blue, Gold, White|
Saradomin is the god of order and wisdom and is one of the three major gods of RuneScape, alongside Guthix and Zamorak. Little is known about his past, but he has a great many followers; there are far more churches dedicated to Saradomin than any other god.
Saradomin is said to have come to the realm of Gielinor, whilst Guthix slept during the Second Age, descending on the island of Entrana. He was initially not nearly as influential as he is now; with Zaros having an increasing level of dominance. Saradomin feared and opposed Zaros, and some of his followers played a crucial part in the plot leading to Zaros' downfall. Although Zaros was a common enemy between Zamorak and Saradomin, as the Zarosian Empire fell to the combined power of the two factions, they quickly became mortal enemies. Saradomin was one of the most active participants in the God Wars that followed Zamorak's ascendancy to godhood, and the two were the most notorious combatants in the millenia of warfare. When Guthix awoke from his slumber, Saradomin was, along with most other gods, banished from Gielinor with the Edicts of Guthix.
Followers[edit | edit source]
Groups and races[edit | edit source]
- Humans - Most citizens of RuneScape, primarily the inhabitants of Misthalin, Asgarnia, Kandarin and Hosidius.
- Monks - Men who have devoted their life to the follow of Saradomin.
- White Knights - An organisation of religious knights, centred in and devoted to the protection of Asgarnia. Headquartered in Falador.
- Temple Knights - An ancient organisation with ties to the White Knights who perform acts of espionage, surveillance and infiltration.
- Myreque - An organisation plotting against Lord Drakan in Morytania.
- Humans Against Monsters - A group of human refugees seeking the destruction of various non-human races.
- Icyene - A race of winged humanoids with notable power against vampyres.
- Paladins - A division of the Royal Army of Ardougne.
- Imcando dwarves - A tribe of dwarves driven to near extinction.
- Barrows Brothers - Formerly a band of six legendary warrior brothers in the Third Age who assisted the god in his campaign to conquer southern Forinthry during the God Wars and soon after ventured into Morytania, leading the Morytania Campaign.
- The Justiciars - A high-ranked elite unit in Saradomin's army, said to speak the voice of Saradomin.
- Seven Priestly Warriors - A group of seven legendary warriors, who led the force that fended off a Morytanian invasion in the Fourth Age.
Notable followers[edit | edit source]
- Abbot Langley - Leader of the Monastery located west of Edgeville.
- Bree - A centaur and one of Commander Zilyana's bodyguards.
- Commander Zilyana - Leader of Saradomin's army in the God Wars Dungeon, who is one of the few known Icyene currently in game.
- Drezel - the priest in Paterdomus, the ancient temple dedicated to Saradomin that protects Misthalin from Morytania's evil taint.
- High Priest - Leader of the monastery on Entrana.
- Johanhus Ulsbrecht - Leader of H.A.M.
- Justiciar Zachariah - An ancient member of the justiciars, roaming the Wilderness.
- King Roald III - The current king of Varrock and Misthalin.
- King Tyras - Ruler of West Ardougne, brother of King Lathas.
- King Vallance - The current, ill king of Falador and Asgarnia.
- Queen Efaritay - A legendary Icyene Queen, who once ruled over the kingdom of Hallowvale from her palace Ver Sinhaza.
- Safalaan Hallow - Lieutenant of the Myreque in Meiyerditch.
- Sigmund - Former advisor to the Duke of Lumbridge and high-ranking member of the H.A.M. cult.
- Sir Amik Varze - Leader of the White Knights of Falador and current ruler of Asgarnia.
- Sir Tiffy Cashien - Head of the recruitment of the Temple Knights.
- Sir Vey Lance - Head of operations of the Temple Knights.
- Veliaf Hurtz - Leader of the Myreque in Mort Myre/Burgh de Rott.
- Wise Old Man - A famous Saradominist hero and mage.
Animals associated with Saradomin[edit | edit source]
Affiliated items[edit | edit source]
Items in italics do NOT provide protection against Saradomin's troops in the God Wars Dungeon:
- Saradomin staff
- Saradomin cape (Imbued) (Max) (Imbued max)
- Holy book
- Holy blessing
- Holy symbol (Unblessed)
- Monk's robes (Trimmed) (Gold-trimmed)
- Saradomin rune armour
- Rune scimitar (Saradomin)
- Saradomin dragonhide armour
- Saradomin vestment robes
- Saradomin godsword (Ornate)
- Saradomin sword (Blessed)
- Staff of light
- Justiciar armour
- Saradomin halo
- Saradomin max hood (Imbued)
- Saradomin mjolnir
- Saradomin banner
- Saradomin heraldic helm (Rune) (Adamant) (Steel)
- Saradomin heraldic kiteshield (Rune) (Adamant) (Steel)
- Holy wraps
- Holy sandals (Devout boots)
- Ring of endurance
- Hallowed focus
- Hallowed grapple
- Hallowed hammer
- Hallowed ring
- Hallowed symbol
- Castlewars hood
- Castlewars cloak
- Saradomin banner
- Prayer book
- White lily
- Saradomin brew
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Saradomin signed his 'Postbag from the Hedge' letters "Strength through Wisdom".
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. "God Letter 27 - Saradomin Enlightens" RuneScape God Letters.