|Released||5 November 2015 (Update)|
|Found somewhere between a rock and a hard place.|
The rock golem is a members-only skilling pet that can be obtained while training Mining. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Mining level, and the time it takes to gather a resource.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
When mining, the pet is prioritised over the resource gathered. For example, if there is one last inventory space while mining, and the player already has a pet following them, the pet will appear in the inventory instead, while the ore mined will drop to the ground. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
Colours[edit | edit source]
Players can change the rock golem's colour by using the desired ore (excluding blasted and lunar ore) while it is following the player. To revert the golem to its original form, players must use a plain rock on it.
|Ore||Image||Chat head||Ore||Image||Chat head|
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a rock golem. When blast mining, the pet chance is rolled when you excavate the hard rock. At Volcanic Mine, it is rolled when ore fragments are received. Players cannot obtain the rock golem from mining salts in the salt mine or dense essence in the Arceuus essence mine.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Mining level.
The fastest method on average to receive the rock golem is through gemstones when mining underground in the Shilo Village mine, and it can be further sped up with tick manipulation. If not using tick manipulation, Volcanic Mine is also recommended, as it is only slightly slower for receiving the pet while giving much better experience rates.
|Copper rocks/Tin rocks||741,600|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|13 July 2017
(update | poll)
Daeyalt, lovakite and elemental ores can now be used to recolour the rock golem.
|22 June 2017
Amethyst can now be used to recolour the rock golem.
|9 February 2017
(update | poll)
The rock golem was given the ability to change its appearance, with each new variant having unique dialogue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dialogue contains several cultural and in-game references:
- The tin golem's dialogue is a reference to the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz.
- The copper golem's dialogue is a reference to the song "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club.
- The iron golem's dialogue is a reference to a scene in the 2008 film Iron Man where the protagonist Tony Stark says "The truth is, I am Iron Man."
- The blurite golem's dialogue is a reference to the song "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65.
- The daeyalt golem's dialogue is a reference to Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, where Chancellor Palpatine says to Anakin Skywalker, "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you."
- The granite golem's dialogue refers to how players mine granite rocks for very high experience rates. When the golem says "They just chop us up and throw us on the floor." it is referring to the practice of "power mining": mining granite blocks and then dropping them to mine more.
- The runite golem's dialogue refers to how rune equipment requires a very high Smithing level but is not the strongest equipment.
- The default golem's dialogue is a reference to Breaking Bad, where Hank argues with Marie regarding his mineral collection.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod John C: "Skill Pet Drop Rates - Rock Golem! Subtract your mining level times 25 from these numbers for chance per resource. "
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 3 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "No."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 April 2018. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[I just got a pet from volcanic ash but the wiki doesn't have the base pet rate. Could you tell me what it is?] 741600"
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 10 November 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[just received the rock golem from mining volcanic sulphur. the drop rate for that isn't on the wiki, do you know the base chance?] 710,000 - (25 * skill level)"
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 9 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Maz: "Fossil Island Golem Chance "
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ed's Twitter account. 22 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ed: "Mining Amethyst will offer a chance to obtain the Mining Skillpet. The chance of this is 1/x where x = 46350 - (Base Mining Level * 25)."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 27 January 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod John C: "[can we get the drop rate of the golem for blast mining?] 123,600"