Phosani was a former Saradominist Justiciar, known as the Justiciar of the Lion, a group of skilled mages. The most powerful mage of the Justiciars, she was said to be able to wipe out an entire army of demons with a single spell.
She was stationed in Hallowvale when the Zamorakian vampyre Lowerniel Drakan and his army attacked it during the Third Age. The kingdom of Hallowvale fell as Queen Efaritay was forced to surrender after the capture of her human husband, King Ascertes. Following this crushing defeat, Phosani felt abandoned by Saradomin, and her closest companions, Insela and Otrava, decided to desert Saradomin and swore allegiance to Zamorak and Lowerniel Drakan. Phosani and her companions went before him, and Phosani offered her remaining troops as blood tithes and thralls for the vampyres. The sacrifices were accepted by the Drakans, and Phosani and her companions became part of the new regime in the Sanguinesti Region.
Afterwards, Phosani and her companions founded a town just east of the vampyre's new domain in an old hermitage. Here she founded The Sisterhood, and was given the title of "Mother", though she was known as "The Inquisitor" outside of the order. Eventually, Otrava discovered a potion called the Elixir of Everlasting, which supposedly granted eternal life, and as Phosani desired to live as long as her vampyre masters, she, along other high-ranking members, drank it.
Although it seemed that the potion sustained those who consumed the elixir, soon it showed its drawbacks: those who consumed it would sleep for longer and longer periods, until they remained in a state of eternal slumber. When at last Phosani entered that state, her possessions, which included her armour and mace, as well as her body, were moved deep into the Sisterhood Sanctuary, per the laws set by herself. The townsfolk were horrified about what happened to Phosani, and dubbed their town "Sleep" (which eventually became Slepe).
At some point after Phosani was taken to the sanctuary, the Sisterhood decided to seal the entrance, only allowing it to be opened once their Mother wakes up. However, the sealed Sanctuary was eventually opened by Shura, a siren from the Wushanko Isles, after a malevolent entity known as The Nightmare, invaded the sanctuary to feed on the dreams of Phosani and the people of Slepe, who are suffering from the Sleeper Plague.
With the Sanctuary open, and more adventurers battling the Nightmare, it began to focus on Phosani's mind, generating a stronger nightmare from her dreams. Her coffin is also revealed to be the one directly above the Nightmare's physical body, with Sister Senga tasking adventurers to help Phosani fend off the Nightmare. With the adventurers' help, Phosani was able to repulse the Nightmare, albeit temporary.
References[edit | edit source]
- Knight of the Lion, Old School RuneScape. "The Justiciar of the Lion is a title bestowed upon the most powerful wizard of our order. She was capable of wiping out an entire army of Zamorakian demons with a single spell!"
- "The turncloak", Old School RuneScape. "His-Dark-Self accepted our offering! My sisters and I have been tasked with clearing out the hamlets and leading the cattle right into the heart of his host of Vampyres."
- "Sister Sevi", Old School RuneScape. "Phosani embraced the glory of Zamorak and most of our order did the same. After that, she became known as the Inquisitor, though our order refers to her as 'Mother'."
- "Buried alive", Old School RuneScape. "The elders haven't woken for almost a fortnight and so by the laws set forth by Mother, we must move them deep into the Sanctuary with all their possessions."
- "Oath Lord D'rows", Old School RuneScape. "This [sanctuary] was sealed, only to be reopened once Mother had awoken from her deep sleep."
- "Oath Lord D'rows", Old School RuneScape. "This nightmarish creature that the siren warned us of has made a home here. That was reason enough for her to unseal the entrance."