|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||Logs cut from an oak tree.|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Exchange||40 coins (info)|
Oak logs are logs obtained from cutting oak trees at level 15 Woodcutting and give 37.5 experience points each. Players can burn these logs using the Firemaking skill at level 15 for 60 experience each. Members can also fletch these logs.
Members training Construction can bring oak logs to a sawmill to make oak planks at a cost of 250 coins each. Alternatively, the Lunar spell Plank Make can allow players to convert them to planks at a lower cost, but at the expense of runes. The use of oak planks in Construction increased the price of oak logs.
Training Woodcutting via oak trees are a fairly quick method of obtaining nests.
Woodcutting info[edit | edit source]
|Woodcutting XP||37.5 xp|
|Respawn time||8.4 seconds|
Experience from logs[edit | edit source]
- Each log gives 37.5 Woodcutting experience when cut (Woodcutting level 15 required).
- Lighting a log gives 60 Firemaking experience (Firemaking level 15 required).
- Fletching 30 arrow shafts from a single log gives 10 Fletching experience (Fletching level 15 required).
- Making an unstrung oak shortbow gives 16.5 Fletching experience and 16.5 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 20 required).
- Making an unstrung oak longbow gives 25 Fletching experience and 25 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 25 required).
- Making a full oak stock gives 16 Fletching experience (Fletching level 24 required).
- Making an oak shield from two logs gives 50 Fletching experience (Fletching level 27 required).
Popularity[edit | edit source]
Free players[edit | edit source]
A popular spot to chop oak logs would be at the east entrance to Varrock where there are several oak trees or a little bit south-west of Varrock West Bank. Also, due to the close proximity to banks and the fact that oak logs sell for higher prices than willow logs, this area has become a strategic Woodcutting spot. Often, it is crowded since many find it favourable.
It is also recommended to go to Lumbridge since there are a few oak trees behind Lumbridge Castle. Players power levelling Woodcutting off oaks can just sell their logs to the nearby Lumbridge General Store.
There are a few oak trees by the Grand Exchange. You can sell the logs after you cut them, so it is recommended that you cut here.
There is another spot in Draynor right next to the bank. Two oak trees are right there. East of Draynor bank is another rarely used spot to cut oaks, as most players are busy cutting the nearby willows instead.
Members[edit | edit source]
The closest members spot is just north of the Hosidius bank, with a number of oak trees surrounding the bank.
Another good spot is under the Castle Wars area. Many oak trees and a bank is close by.
Tree locations[edit | edit source]
- Draynor Village east of bank (4)
- Just south of Seers village bank
- Varrock South
- Varrock East (4)
- Catherby west of bank
- Castle Wars
- West of Catherby
- Just north of and in Rimmington
- Just north of Port Sarim
- By Yanille
- All over Tree Gnome Stronghold, including around the banks.
- The Woodcutting Guild
Products[edit | edit source]
|Arrow shaft × 30|
|Oak bird house|
|Oak longbow (u)|
|Oak pyre logs|
|Oak shortbow (u)|
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Ent||86; 101||2 (noted)||Varies|
|Supply crate||N/A||10–20 (noted)||Varies|