|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||I bet this makes good syrup!|
A maple tree is an amber-coloured tree that require level 45 Woodcutting to cut, granting 100 Woodcutting experience for each set of maple logs received. Maple trees have moderately high cut difficulty and maple logs only have moderate value, making cutting maple trees unfavorable for money making. Maple trees can be cut as an AFK Woodcutting training method for F2P players. Completion of the Medium Kandarin Diary give players 10% additional experience when cutting Maple trees in Seers' Village, granting 110 Woodcutting experience per log received.
Maple trees were made available to free-to-play with the introduction of Corsair Cove.
Woodcutting info[edit | edit source]
|Woodcutting XP||100 xp|
|Respawn time||35.4 seconds|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Maple trees are considered rare trees for the purpose of the rare trees minimap icon (). The trees are shown on the World Map and Minimap as an amber tree . The rare tree icon is shared with several other trees, so the icon does not directly mean it is a maple tree. The amber tree image is primarily used for maple trees, so an amber tree on the map is likely a maple tree.
Free area[edit | edit source]
- 4 in the Corsair Cove Resource Area. These are the only maple trees in F2P (requires completion of Dragon Slayer I)
Member areas[edit | edit source]
One the most popular place to cut maple trees in members areas is in Seers' Village, along with many other trees. It is very convenient to cut them here due to there being maples found both north and south of the bank. Another convenient place to chop maples is in Hosidius; again, there is a bank in close proximity to the trees and fewer people choose to train there.
- 2 South of Camelot
- 13 At the Woodcutting Guild
- 4 North of Seers' Village bank
- 5 South of Seers' Village bank
- 6 Along the west wall of the Legends' Guild
- 7 East of Quartermaster Briget's shop in Shayzien
- 2 Outside of the Hosidius bank, north of the spirit tree patch
- 10 On Miscellania (which provide no logs and 0.1 experience per cut)
- 24 West of Sinclair Mansion
- 42 North of McGrubor's Wood and surrounding the path leading to Rellekka
- 5 In Gwenith, north of Prifddinas.
- 5 North east of the Farming Guild a few steps south of the cir fairy ring
- 12 South of the Mess Hall, directly north of Watson's house.
- 1 East of Lighthouse, on path to Rellekka.
- 15 South east of Isle of Souls bank, close to the beach.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
As with most other trees that can give more than one log, maple trees have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting per log chopped. Each maple tree takes 35 seconds to respawn. A roll to receive a log is done every 4 game ticks when chopping. The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher Woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log.
Cut chance[edit | edit source]
Farming[edit | edit source]
With level 45 farming, maple seeds may be grown into a Maple tree, which gives maple logs when cut down. Checking on a fully grown and healthy maple tree will give 3403.4 Farming experience. It takes 5 hours and 20 minutes to grow. When cut down, the tree will automatically regrow after a period of time. Alternatively, it can be dug up using a spade, yielding some maple roots in the process. A player may also pay one basket of oranges to a nearby farmer to guarantee its growth.
Lore[edit | edit source]
There are several mentions of Maple by NPCs around Gielinor as well as in books. The following text is transcluded from Gielinor's flora - trees. The information found within the book is more often than not just flavour text, and does not reflect their properties or uses within the game itself.
A common amber-coloured tree found through the world. They produce distinctive seeds called maple keys. These seeds are attached to a flattened wing, made of papery lightweight tissue. As a result of this ingenious adaptation, they spin and catch the wind as they fall, allowing them to travel a considerable distance. Maple is considered a tonewood and produces excellent musical clarity and as such such is used in numerous musical instruments.
Additional drops[edit | edit source]
- Beaver – Maple trees have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 45 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 220,793 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 219,443 chance at level 99.
- Bird nest – There is 1 in 256 chance to drop from maple trees. The bird nest will be dropped on the ground and will despawn after 30 second if not picked up. The bird nest will be given in place of logs.
- Clue nest – Maple trees can drop all clue nests. At level 45 Woodcutting there is an approximately 1 in 1,530 chance to receive an easy-elite clue nest and a 1 in 1,115 chance at level 99. Beginner clue nests have a universal 1 in 1000 chance to be dropped.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
References[edit | edit source]