|Released||28 July 2003 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Jolly Boar Inn||←||Lumber Yard||→||Paterdomus|
The Lumber Yard is a location north-east of Varrock. It is only accessible to members. Its main feature is the Sawmill operator, who is located in a small room along the yard's south-west wall. He is involved in the Construction skill: he can turn logs into planks for a fee, and he also sells bolts of cloth, three kinds of nails, and saws.
Players can get here the quickest by using the Lumberyard teleport scroll. They can also take the balloon transport system to end up right below the Lumber Yard. Alternatively, they can use the Digsite pendant to get close by, or simply walk from Varrock.
Players cannot enter the Lumber Yard through its main gate, nor can they enter the Sawmill operator's room. There is a hole in the yard's south wall, where players can enter the yard. Other than curiosity, players typically enter the yard for one of these reasons:
- A clue scroll requires players to search a crate in the yard.
- In the Gertrude's Cat quest, the player must find Fluffs and her kittens in the yard. Fluffs is found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] and her kittens are in a jiggling crate on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Several logs spawn in the yard, which players can gather for free.
- For the easy Varrock Diary, the player is required to cut down a dying tree from the yard.
- For the elite Varrock Diary, the player is required to cast Plank Make on 20 mahogany logs.