|Released||6 February 2020 (Update)|
|Quest||Priest in Peril|
|Quite the little nightmare.|
The Little Nightmare is a pet that can be obtained by defeating The Nightmare. It is a much smaller version of her. The drop rate of the Little Nightmare depends on the amount of players in the fight; 1/800 for one, 1/1,600 for two, 1/2,400 for three, 1/3,200 for four, and 1/4,000 for groups of more than five.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
A random dialogue will be selected every time the Little Nightmare is spoken to:
- Dialogue 1
- Player: You eat dreams right?
- Little Nightmare: Well... not exact-
- Player: What do dreams taste like?
- Little Nightmare: I don't eat dre-
- Player: I bet they taste like strawberries! I love strawberries!
- Little Nightmare: ...
- (End of dialogue)
- Dialogue 2
- Player: If you're a nightmare, would a male version of you be a nighthorse?
- Little Nightmare: What's a horse?
- Player: I have no idea.
- (End of dialogue)
This dialogue is only triggered when the Little Nightmare is battling another pet in the arena in the Menagerie.
- Little Nightmare: Face me!
- Little Nightmare: Face your nightmare!
- Little Nightmare: There are no sweet dreams here!
Changes[edit | edit source]
|11 November 2020
(update | poll)
The pet drop rate has been changed to scale with group size. Previously, it was always 1/4,000 (or 1/3,800 for the MVP).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The player asks if the male equivalent of a nightmare (as mare is the common name of a female horse) would be a nighthorse, although the common name for a male horse is a stallion.