This article is about cooked herring. For the raw version, see Raw herring
Herring require level 5 cooking and level 10 fishing, using fishing bait and a fishing rod at a bait (sea only, river will not work) fishing location. Herring are a grey fish that can be cooked over a fire into a cooked herring, which is pinkish. For the list of known burn levels, refer to the burn level article.
They can be eaten to recover 5 hitpoints.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
- One of RuneScape's Monty Python references is revealed if players use a herring (cooked or raw) with any tree in RuneScape (except the one outside the Draynor Village bank, in which the security guard is hiding). The chatbox will state This is not the mightiest tree in the forest, in reference to one of the lines in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- If used with a redwood tree that has fully grown in the Farming Guild, the chatbox will state This is not the mightiest tree in the forest; it is fairly mighty though.
- If used with the Grand Tree, the chatbox will state It can't be done! in reference to another line in the movie.
- If used with the blisterwood tree, the chatbox will state This is indeed a mighty tree. But alas, it is not the mightiest tree in the forest.
- The Christmas Tree (as of 2020) message is indeterminable, the chatbox may state: I can't reach that! or have no message at all where the player may step towards the tree and step back again.