|Released||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||A rocky outcrop.|
A gold rock is a rock containing gold ore. A Mining level of 40 or higher is required to mine gold ore from rocks. Mining grants 65 Mining experience for each ore mined. After being mined, a gold rock takes about a minute to respawn.
Wearing either mining gloves or expert mining gloves while mining a gold rock grants a 33.33% chance for the rock to not deplete upon mining a gold ore, allowing you to mine an additional ore before depleting.
Mining Info[edit | edit source]
|Mining XP||65 xp|
|Respawn time||1 minute|
Pre roll drops[edit | edit source]
A gem table rolls before the main drop table. There's a chance to receive nothing here so that players can receive no items from a rock even if they are guaranteed to receive an ore in the main drop table. The table gets more likely to be rolled if the player has a glory amulet equipped: the probability grows from 1/256 to 1/86.
|Nothing||N/A||70/32,768; 70/11,008[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||32/32,768; 32/11,008[d 1]||385||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||16/32,768; 16/11,008[d 1]||631||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||8/32,768; 8/11,008[d 1]||1,271||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||2/32,768; 2/11,008[d 1]||3,073||120|
- The drop rate is increased while wearing a amulet of glory
Main drops[edit | edit source]
The probability for a player to receive a gold ore drop depends on the player's mining level.
The chance to obtain an ore while mining is given in the chart below.
Conditional drops[edit | edit source]
The following table shows items which can additionally be received upon a successful resource roll. Also, the rock will deplete upon a successful resource roll.
|Clue geode (beginner)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (easy)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (medium)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal shard||1||Rare[c 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Rock golem||1||Very rare||Not sold||N/A|
- Crystal shards can only be obtained while in Trahaearn mine.
Locations[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 11 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "It adds a gem roll before each ore roll, and if you receive a gem you don't get the ore roll."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 July 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, [the mining gem table has] got [...] chance of giving no gem."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 Feb 2017. (Archived from the original on 18 Jun 2019.) Mod Ash: "[the actual increase when wearing the Amulet of Glory while mining is] 1/86 rather than 1/256 for a gem."
|Mining rocks and sources|