|Released||1 September 2016 (Update)|
|A giant squirrel with beautiful markings.|
The giant squirrel is a skilling pet that can be obtained after completion of an agility course, as well as from ticket dispensers within the Brimhaven Agility Arena. Upon using a dark acorn on it, which is purchased from the Hallowed Sepulchre for 3,000 hallowed marks, players unlock the right click "Metamorphosis" option to change between the giant and dark squirrel.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a player's inventory is full and they have a follower already, the pet will not appear.
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving the giant squirrel. The pet chance is rolled after completing an agility course and when receiving an agility arena ticket within the Brimhaven Agility Arena. In the Hallowed Sepulchre, the chance is rolled upon teleporting back to the lobby via an obelisk.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl * 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Agility level. This does not affect the Hallowed Sepulchre, where the chance is static for each floor regardless of the player's Agility level.
The fastest method on average to receive the giant squirrel is the Penguin Agility Course.
|Agility course||Base chance||Rooftop course||Base chance||Hallowed Sepulchre||Base chance|
|Gnome Stronghold||35,609||Draynor Village||33,005||Floor 1||35,000|
|Agility Pyramid||9,901||Al Kharid||26,648||Floor 2||16,000|
|Barbarian Outpost||44,376||Canifis||36,842||Floor 4||4,000|
|Agility Arena||26,404||Falador||26,806||Floor 5||2,000|
|Ape Atoll||37,720||Seers' Village||35,205|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The giant squirrel's appearance is based on the Indian giant squirrel in real life.
- The second and third dialogues are a reference to the episode Squirrel Jokes from the Nickelodeon cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The second dialogue might also be a reference to a Squirrel Song by Foamy the Squirrel.
- When entering your POH, if you have a tree, the squirrel will stand behind it rather than follow you around.
- After an update, giant squirrels may be fed acorns, resulting in the squirrel saying "Thank you! Ratatoskr be your guide and bring you many acorn trees!", this is in reference to the messenger squirrel of Norse mythology Ratatoskr. "Congratulations! You have paid your squirrel tax.... for now." will also appear in the chatbox.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 26 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Finally, the Agility pet rates! Try your best to get your hands on that Giant Squirrel! "
- OldSchoolRS. "OSRS Modcast - Weekly Q&A." (00:28:05), twitch.tv video. 2020-05-27.
- Jagex. Mod Lenny's Twitter account. 28 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 7 July 2020.)