Dwarven rock cake
|Dwarven rock cake|
|Released||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item||Recipe for Disaster|
|Examine||Red hot and glowing, ouch! Only for dwarf consumption.|
|High alch||Not alchemisable|
|Low alch||Not alchemisable|
The dwarven rock cake is a quest item used in Freeing the Mountain Dwarf subquest, from Recipe for Disaster, to free Rohak's son from the Culinaromancer. Players must pry the recipe from Rohak with 4 glasses of Asgoldian ale before he offers to make you cakes. Players will need to bring an egg, bowl of water, pot of flour, and bucket of milk to Rohak. After the quest, more cakes can be acquired from Rohak for 100 coins each.
When the cake is first made, it will be very hot. Players will take 1 damage if they attempt to pick up the hot rock cake without wearing gloves or using Telekinetic Grab; however, this will not cause a player to die if they have only 1 Hitpoint remaining. If a player attempts to interact with the rock cake in their inventory before it is cooled, they will take damage and drop the cake on the floor.
Players can cool down the rock cake by:
- Picking it up while having ice gloves equipped, or
- Going to Ice Mountain and killing an Icefiend, or
- Waiting approximately 4 hours
The ingredients ARE required again if a player loses their first one, and the cake has to be cooled down again.
Hitpoint Depletion[edit | edit source]
Eating depletes 1 hitpoint when above 2 hitpoints. If at or below 2 hp, it will do nothing.
Guzzling depletes 10% of current hitpoints, rounded up. This will deplete 1 hp if currently at 2 hp, allowing to completely deplete to 1 hp. When at 1 hp, guzzling will still hit the player, but for 0 damage.
Neither eating nor guzzling are able to kill the player, nor do they destroy the rock cake, meaning only one extra cake is required for use outside of Freeing the Mountain Dwarf.
Because of the small hitpoint depletion, the rock cake can be seen widely used by people using the Dharok's armour effect. Some players use this as a method of keeping their hitpoints minimal while training at monkey guards.
The dwarven rock cake is also used in Nightmare Zone alongside Absorption potions, as having only 1 Hitpoint left will maximise the potions' efficiency. Enemies cannot deal damage to a player higher than their current Hitpoints, and thus strategic use of the rock cake and Overload potions will reduce incoming hits to deal only 1 damage, thus removing only 1 damage from the absorption. This method synergizes extremely well with Dharoking, but can be used to great efficiency with any gear setup and any combat style.
Update history[edit | edit source]
|9 May 2013
(update | poll)
Rohak will now sell you another rock cake after completing his section of Recipe for Disaster.
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interacting with the hot rock cake results in different messages after receiving: "Ow! Ow! That's hot!"
- Picking up without ice gloves equipped: "You burn your hands on the hot rock cake and then drop it."
- Eating hot rock cakes: "You burn your mouth and hands on the hot rock cake and then drop it."
- Eating a cooled rock cake results in the message: "Ow! I nearly broke a tooth!".
- If a player makes two rock cakes during the quest and places a hot rock cake in their bank after saving the dwarf, the cake will automatically cool.
- Rock cakes used to be able to rapidly lower a player's hitpoints or even possibly kill them, but this was changed in an update.
|Subquest of Recipe for Disaster|