Brimhaven Agility Arena
|Brimhaven Agility Arena|
|Released||27 July 2004 (Update)|
|Reward currency||Agility arena ticket|
On this course, it is possible to get upwards of 67,000 Agility experience per hour at level 99 Agility (due to no longer failing any obstacles at 99 Agility). At lower Agility levels expect to get around 50,000-60,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on Agility and concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Brimhaven Agility Arena is very different to other Agility courses. Instead of running laps around obstacle courses, the Brimhaven Agility Arena sets players the objective to tag ticket dispensers for Agility arena tickets. It can be found in the east of Brimhaven, run by Cap'n Izzy No-Beard, who will charge 200 coins for access.
The Brimhaven Agility Arena consists of 25 pillars, with adjacent pillars being connected via Agility obstacles. 24 of these pillars contain a Ticket Dispenser. Every minute, one of these Ticket Dispensers will be activated, and the player should try to find their way to this activated dispenser by traversing the Agility obstacles as quickly as possible. When first tagging a Ticket Dispenser, no ticket will be awarded. For every subsequently tagged Ticket Dispenser, one ticket will be awarded. If not tagging a Ticket Dispenser in time, the next tagged dispenser will not result in a ticket.
The best experience per hour rates will be achieved by non-stop completing Agility obstacles during the waiting time for the active Ticket Dispenser to move.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are several different methods for travelling to the Brimhaven Agility Arena. The best options, ordered from fast to slow, are:
- Use the achievement diary cape teleport to Pirate Jackie the Fruit.
- Travel to Brimhaven via spirit tree, if one is grown there, and run south.
- If the player-owned house is located in Brimhaven, cast the Teleport to House spell, requiring level 40 Magic, or break a teleport to house tablet to go there and run east.
- Alternatively, use a scroll of redirection on a teleport to house tablet to redirect the tablet to Brimhaven.
- Take the boat from East Ardougne to Brimhaven or alternatively take a charter ship.
- Teleport to Musa Point using an amulet of glory and run west.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate.
- Wear Karamja gloves 2, 3 or 4 for 10% extra Agility experience from obstacles in the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
- Bring Karamja gloves 2, 3 or 4 when turning in tickets for the 10% experience bonus.
- Wearing Karamja gloves 4 is NOT needed for the 10% chance of obtaining two tickets instead of one.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Bring 200 coins to pay Cap'n Izzy No-Beard for access to the arena.
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Summer pies are recommended, as those restore run energy and boost the Agility stat by +5, which is useful since the darts obstacle will drain the Agility stat by 2 levels upon failing.
- Chocolate cakes are another choice, as the damage the traps deal to your health scaled with how much health you currently have. By keeping your health around 20, the traps deal the least amount of damage. Therefore, chocolate cakes offer an excellent solution to that, healing 5 hitpoints per slice. Bring agility potions if using cakes for when the dart traps inevitably lower your agility.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
Route[edit | edit source]
It is important to be able to quickly traverse the arena in order to tag the Ticket Dispenser in time. Since the time needed to cross an obstacle varies heavily, the shortest route is not always the quickest. The image on the right will give a rule of thumb on what the quickest way is to get from one end of the arena to the other.
After tagging a Ticket Dispenser, get to the nearest pressure pads or floor spikes as quickly as possible. When arrived there, cross this obstacle for Agility experience until the next Ticket Dispenser becomes active. The quickest routes to the pressure pads and floor spikes are drawn in the image below. The purple line shows the quickest route in most occasions.
Other tips[edit | edit source]
- At lower Agility levels, the gain from cashing in fewer tickets may outweigh the value of saving for the better "exchange rate", since a higher Agility level will decrease the chance of failing obstacles.
- At higher Agility levels it might be beneficial to save up on tickets and wait to trade them in at higher Agility levels, since more experience per ticket will be rewarded at higher Agility levels.
Obstacles[edit | edit source]
|Image||Obstacle||Experience||Speed [d 1]|
|1||Rope swing||20||5 t|
|1||Low wall||8||9 t|
|1||Plank [d 2]||6||9 t|
|1||Balancing rope||10||11 t|
|1||Log balance||12||11 t|
|1||Balancing ledge||16||11.5 t|
|1||Monkey bars||14||15 t|
|20||Pressure pad||26||4 t|
|20||Floor spikes||24||5 t|
|20||Hand holds||22||16 t|
|40||Spinning blades||28||5 t|
|40||Darts [d 3]||30||13 t|
- Measured in game ticks, which equal to 0.6 seconds.
- There is 100% success rate for the correct plank, which changes every minute. The "bad" planks can be identified by chunks of wood missing from the sides. Players with 99 Agility (boosts work) can walk on any plank without consequence.
- Failure of this obstacle will result in temporarily draining 2 Agility levels.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
For each pillar successfully tagged while active, the player will be awarded a ticket. Players who have completed the elite tasks in the Karamja Diary will have a 10% chance to receive two tickets upon tagging a pillar. These tickets can be traded in with Pirate Jackie the Fruit for Agility experience or a selection of items.
Experience[edit | edit source]
Trade tickets with Pirate Jackie the Fruit in return for Agility experience. If more tickets are traded in at once, the experience reward per ticket will be increased. Additionally, players wearing Karamja gloves 2, 3 or 4 will receive 10% more base experience per ticket.
|Ticket Cost||Base experience
|Base experience with|
Karamja gloves 2, 3 or 4
The experience reward per ticket is increased by 5 experience for each Agility level above 40, resulting in the following formula:
Visit this calculator to see the experience reward for each given Agility level: Agility Arena tickets experience calculator.
With Karamja gloves 2 or higher it is most efficient to turn in 1000 tickets at a time starting at level 52 Agility, or 51 without the gloves but it is highly recommended to get these before handing in large batches of tickets.
Items[edit | edit source]
There is also a selection of items that can be bought from Pirate Jackie the Fruit in return for tickets.
|Graceful outfit recolour||∞||N/A||250||Not sold||N/A|
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
The experience per hour rate heavily depend on the player's Agility level. At level 99 expect to be able to achieve 67,000 Agility experience per hour.
At lower Agility levels expect to get significantly lower experience rates.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|23 February 2017
(update | poll)
Obstacles can no longer be failed at 99 Agility.
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
|12 December 2013
Tightropes now have bigger clickzones.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When players dodge the darts in the darts obstacle, a cut scene appears in which the character dodges the darts in slow motion, a reference to the science fiction film The Matrix.
- The examine text on the monkey bars says "Now, I'm the king of the swingers, oh, the jungle VIP," This is a reference to the classic Disney film The Jungle Book.
- The examine text for one set of pillars reads: "It's a small step for a player, a giant leap for player kind," a reference to Neil Armstrong's words as the first man on the moon. Armstrong had said,"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind."
References[edit | edit source]
|Rooftop Agility courses|