# Go-IPFS 0.6
This is a relatively small release in terms of code changes, but it contains some significant changes to the IPFS protocol.
There are plenty of features packed into this release:
- QUIC by default.
- Libp2p Noise as a new security transport.
- Custom 404 pages and base36 support.
- Gossipsub upgrade.
- New peering command for persistent connections between libp2p nodes.
# Breaking changes
There are no breaking changes in this release. However, there is a migration that will run, and the QUIC transport has changed protocol versions. The migration will:
- Normalize multiaddrs in the bootstrap list to use the
/p2p/Qm...syntax for multiaddrs instead of the
- Add QUIC addresses for the default bootstrapers, as necessary. If you've removed the default bootstrappers from your bootstrap config, the migration won't add them back.
- Add a QUIC listener address to mirror any TCP addresses present in your config. For example, if you're listening on
/ip4/0.0.0.0/tcp/1234, this migration will add a listen address for
You can find the changelog on the Go-IPFS 0.6 GitHub release page (opens new window).