|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Subhash Chandra (Chairman)|
Sudhir Chaudhary (CEO)
RK Arora (COO)
Zee News is an Indian news and current affairs channel founded in 1999 and is the flagship property of Zee Media Corporation company and a subsidiary of Essel Group.
- Zee News (English and Hindi)
- Zee Business (English and Hindi)
- Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal (Punjabi and Hindi)
- Zee Sangam (Hindi)
- Zee 24 Taas ( Marathi)
- 24 Ghanta ( Bengali)
- Zee Purvaiya (Hindi)
- Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh (Hindi)
- Zee Kalinga (Oriya)
- Zee Marudhara (Hindi)
- Zee 24 Gantalu (Telugu)
- India 24*7 (Hindi News)
- Zee Gantalu Kasmiri
- Zee Prime English Channel
- WION (World Is One News)
- Zee Live
- Zee European London based channel
Jindal Group incident
The channel is tried for allegedly extorting 100 crores from the Jindal Group and two senior journalist have been arrested so far. Naveen Jindal accused Zee News of trying to extort 100 crores from him for not airing stories against his company in Coal Scam. Zee News refuted the charges and made counter charges of Jindal offering them 25 crores to halt their investigations against Jindal Steel in the coal scam.
Allegations of fabrications
Zee News reported that some of the students from Democratic Students' Union (DSU) raised slogans such as "Bharat Ki Barbadi" ("Destruction of India") and " Pakistan Zindabad" ("long live Pakistan") In a letter Vishwa Deepak, who later resigned from the channel after expressing reservations over its 'biased coverage' alleged that "Our biases made us hear Bhartiya Court Zindabad as Pakistan Zindabad." ("long live Indian courts" as "long live Pakistan."). After Delhi police report it was claimed that footage was genuine. After getting authentication by forensic lab of CBI it is almost confirmed that vedio footage telecasted by the channel was authentic. In response, Sudhir Chaudhary, Zee News Editor, said "Our channel only showed what was happening there, whatever we have shown is 100 per cent authentic.
Allegations of false news reports
- "Contact Us". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Abid, Hasan (25 May 2015). "R K Arora joins Zee Media Corporation as COO". E4M bureau. Exchange4Media. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Zee Media Corporation Ltd profit and loss statement". The Times Group. The Economic Times. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Zee Media Corporation Ltd balance sheet". The Times Group. The Economic Times. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Zee News takes punch line". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Zee News turns global; embraces new tagline as Zee Media Corporation". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 17 July 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Zee to Launch Zee Kalinga". Delhi, India: The Media Info, 13 December 2013. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "Zee Media woos Rajasthan with Zee Rajasthan Plus". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Dhaleta, Surendra Kumar (12 December 2008). "Zee News to launch Telugu channel in January". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Jindal plays CD, claims Zee editors demanded Rs. 100 crore". The Hindu. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal vs Zee: Senior journalists arrested over alleged extortion". NDTV India. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Jindal Group and Zee television in extortion scandal". The Australian. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Naveen Jindal accuses Zee News of extortion, channel hits back - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "From 'Pakistan Zindabad' to 'Bharat ki barbaadi' - Slogans that were raised by 'anti-nationals' in JNU". Zee News. 14 February 2016.
- "Zee News producer quits: Video we shot had no Pakistan Zindabad slogan". The Indian Express. 22 February 2016.
- "We speak with the Zee News journalist who resigned over the channel's coverage of #JNURow". Newslaundry. 21 February 2016.
- NDTVSports. "Mahendra Singh Dhoni files 100-crore defamation case against media houses, IPS officer". NDTVSports.com. Retrieved 2016-11-03.