|Headquarters||Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.|
X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)|
X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
XR Ventures LLC
X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
X-Rite MA, Incorporated
X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
X-Rite Global, Inc.
The company also creates products that regulate quality in the processing of film and x-rays.
The firm was incorporated in 1958 by seven engineers from Lear Siegler. Its first product, x-ray marking tape, was introduced in 1968. In 1975, it introduced its first densitometer for photographic printing use.
The firm went public in 1986, and in 1987 moved into a new headquarters and production facility in Grandville, Michigan.
By 1990, the firm shifted emphasis to the field of color measurement. In 1966 it purchased H. Miller Graphic Arts of England; in 2006 it purchased Amazys, owners of Gretag–Macbeth and thereby the Munsell products; in 2007 it acquired Pantone, Inc. in October
In 2012 the firm was acquired by Danaher Corporation On May 12
- X-Rite International, Inc. (Barbados)
- X-Rite Holdings, Inc.
- XR Ventures LLC
- X-Rite GmbH (Germany)
- X-Rite Asia Pacific Limited (Hong Kong)
- X-Rite Ltd. (U.K.)
- X-Rite MA, Incorporated
- X-Rite Mediterranee SARL (France)
- X-Rite Global, Inc.
- X-Rite AG
- Pantone, Inc.
- Munsell Color
- “X-Rite Announces Preliminary Final Results Of Its Offer For All Registered Shares Of Amazys Holding AG” press release.
- “X-Rite to Acquire Pantone, Inc. Extending Reach in the Color Industry” press release.
- "Danaher Corporation Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of X-Rite, Incorporated press release.