|Circulation||155,085 (for the second half of 2013)|
|Publisher||Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt GmbH|
History and profile
For many years, Wirtschaftswoche was published weekly on Thursdays, but since March 2006, this has been changed to Mondays. The editorial office is in Düsseldorf. The publisher is Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt which also publishes Handelsblatt.
The magazine provides business- and economy-related news. Its target audience is managers and business people. In November 2014 Miriam Meckel was appointed editor-in-chief of the weekly. Under the leadership of Miriam Meckel, WirtschaftsWoche has gone through a major structural as well as design relaunch with edition 20/2015. The magazine has slightly changed its logo as part of this redesign.
In the period of 2001-2002 Wirtschaftswoche had a circulation of 187,000 copies. For the first quarter of 2005 the circulation of the magazine was 183,156 copies, making it the best-selling weekly business publication in Germany.
- "Top 50 Finance/Business/News magazines worldwide (by circulation)" (Report). Magazine Organization. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Christina Schäffner; Uwe Wiesemann (1 January 2001). Annotated Texts for Translation: English-German : Functionalist Approaches Illustrated. Multilingual Matters. p. 102. ISBN 978-1-85359-406-9. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Handelsblatt and WiWo continue to lead the German market". Advance Media. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "World Magazine Trends 2010/2011" (PDF). FIPP. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Miriam Meckel becomes Chief Editor of Wirtschaftswoche". EFE. 10 November 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Focus Money Profile" (PDF). Media Line. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "WirtschaftsWoche" (PDF). IQ Media. 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- (German) Official site