|Date of birth||October 14, 1897|
|Place of birth||Joliet, Illinois|
|Date of death||March 12, 1947 49)(aged|
|Place of death||Chicago, Illinois|
William Peter "Bill" Fortune (October 14, 1897 – March 12, 1947) was an American football player. He played guard and tackle for the Michigan Wolverines football team from 1917 to 1919. He was a member of the 1918 Michigan Wolverines football team that finished the season undefeated and has been recognized as the national championship team of 1918. He later played professional football for the Chicago Cardinals in 1920 and the Hammond Pros from 1924 to 1925.
- 1917 Michigan Wolverines football team
- 1918 Michigan Wolverines football team
- 1919 Michigan Wolverines football team
- Bentley Historical Library Necrology File.
- "1917 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library.
- "1919 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library.
- "1918 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library.
- "Bill Fortune profile". pro-football-reference.com.