1961 (age 54–55)|
|Occupation||Writer, journalist, music critic|
Will Friedwald (born 1961) is an American author and music critic. He has written for such newspapers as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Village Voice, Newsday, The New York Observer, and The New York Sun, and for such magazines as Entertainment Weekly, Oxford American, New York, Mojo, BBC Music Magazine, Stereo Review and Fi(Delity).
His books include Jazz Singing: America's Great Voices from Bessie Smith to Bebop and Beyond, Sinatra! The Song is You: A Singer's Art, Stardust Melodies: the Biography of Twelve of America's Most Popular Songs, Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies: An Illustrated Guide to the Warner Bros. Cartoons and A Biographical Guide to the Great Jazz and Pop Singers.
- Berry, Jason (December 3, 2010). "Holiday Books: Music". The New York Times.
- Friedwald, Will (2010). "A Biographical Guide to the Great Jazz and Pop Singers". Pantheon Books.
- Friedwald, Will (1995). Sinatra! The Song Is You. New York: Scribner.
- Friedwald, Will (1989). Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies: An Illustrated Guide to the Warner Bros. Cartoons (First ed.). New York: Holt. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "29th Annual ASCAP Deems Taylor Award Recipients". ASCAP. ASCAP. Archived from the original on 2016-03-30. Retrieved 10 October 2016.