|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
Number of locations
|US, Doha, Dubai, Panama City, Guatemala City & Mexico City,Riyadh|
Jeff Sinelli |
|Owner||Privately held company|
Which Wich Superior Sandwiches is an American fast casual restaurant chain specializing in sandwiches and salads. It has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas, Texas. It currently has 69 locations open in 37 states across the US, six locations in Mexico City, and locations in Guatemala City, Panama City, and Dubai.
Founded by restaurateur Jeff Sinelli, CEO of Genghis Grill, in 2003, Which Wich began with one location in downtown Dallas. It began franchising in 2005.
Which Wich is known for its ordering system, in which customers use red sharpies to mark up pre-printed menus on sandwich bags. They select a sandwich from 10 categories, then choose the bread, cheese, spreads, and toppings. The sandwiches are then prepared, and delivered in the personalized sandwich bags. Guests are encouraged to draw on their bags using red Sharpies and hang their “artwork” on the community wall.
Which Wich sells customizable submarine sandwiches it calls "Wiches". There are ten categories and 60 topping options. Sandwiches come in small (7 inch), medium (10.5 inch) and large (14 inch) sizes.
In 2007, the chain ranked as the fastest growing restaurant chain concept with 50 operating stores or less, opening 9 locations during a four-month period at the beginning of the year. In 2009, the chain ranked as the sixth fastest-growing concept in the industry, according to restaurantchains.net.
- The Best Kids' Menu In America - 2005, Winner of the "Fast Casual" category
- Hot Concepts! Award - 2007, given each year by the editors of Nation’s Restaurant News to six emerging restaurant brands
- No.1 Fastest Growing Chain in U.S. and Canada by Chain Store Guide - 2010
- No.6 Fastest Growing Restaurant Operator by Chain Store Guide - 2011, based on a three-year unit-growth percentage, the company grew 179% over this period.
- "Which Wich Headquarters." (Go to Contact) Which Wich Retrieved on February 25, 2010.
- "Which Wich franchisee eyes Arizona expansion". AZ Central. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Which Wich on Fowler Avenue offers dozens of sandwich choices". Tampa Tribune. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Our Story". Which Wich. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "RestaurantChains.net Announces the July 2007 List of the Top Ten Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain Concepts" (PDF). RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Chain Store Guide gave it their top ranking as the fastest-growing small restaurant chain". RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Which Wich Bag 8 Promotion Capitalizes On Regional Favorites". Shelby Food Service. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "The Best Kids' Menu In America Contest 2005 Winners". Restaurant Hospitality. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Chain Store Guide's 2nd Annual Fastest Growing Restaurant Operators Report" (PDF). Chain Store Guide. Retrieved 2014-02-11.