Voice of OC
|Focus||Local Investigative Journalism|
|Orange County, California, United States|
Norberto Santana Jr., Editor-in-Chief|
David Washburn, Managing Editor
Tracy Wood, Senior Writer
Wylie Aitken, Chairman of the Board
|Slogan||Orange County's Nonprofit Investigative News Agency|
Voice of OC is a non-profit investigative news agency focusing on politics and government in Orange County, California.
Since its launch in 2010, Voice of OC has published over 3,000 articles and dozens of videos about public policy issues ranging from alleged abuses of power to wasteful government spending.
The news agency's reporting on a property swap involving Santa Ana Mayor Miguel Pulido prompted an investigation by the city attorney into the issue. The mayor voted for a $1.4-million city contract with an auto parts firm, NAPA Orange County, just over a year after he bought a home from the firm's owner for $230,000 less than fair market value.
- Wylie Aitken, Orange County-based trial attorney who is past president of the California Trial Lawyers Association and member of the California Arts Council
- Sen. Joe Dunn (Ret.), executive director of the State Bar of California, represented Orange County in the California Senate from 1998 to 2006
- Erwin Chemerinsky, dean of the UC Irvine School of Law
- Henry Weinstein, professor at UCI law school, former legal affairs reporter with the Los Angeles Times
- Daniel Weintraub, senior editorial writer with the Sacramento Bee, former Capitol correspondent with the LA Times and OC Register
- "About Us". Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Santa Ana Council Meets Privately on Pulido Property Swap". Voice of OC. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Santa Ana Mayor's Property Swap Raises Questions". Voice of OC. Retrieved January 15, 2014.