Vityaz missile system
|50R6 (S-350E) Vityaz|
50P6 missile launcher of S-350E system at 2013 MAKS Airshow
|Type||medium-range SAM system|
|Place of origin||Russia|
|In service||under development (since 2009)|
|Manufacturer||Northwest Regional Center of Almaz-Antey (GOZ, ZRTO)|
The 50R6 Vityaz missile system (Russian: ЗРС Витязь) or S-350E is a Russian middle-range surface-to-air missile system developed by GSKB Almaz-Antey. Its purpose is to replace the S-300PS and S-300PT-1A. The system design traces its roots from the joint South Korean/Russian KM-SAM project.
The naval version with 9M96E guided missile under development would be called Redut.
The 50R6A Vityaz missile system consists of:
- 50N6A multifunctional radar station with Active electronically scanned array 1-2. Functions - early detection, target illumination and missile guidance.Sector of work 360°
- 50K6A command post, fully autonomous combat work with interaction with other remote systems 1
- 50P6 launcher 1-8 (12-96 missiles).
- 9M96/9M96E(E2) Guided SA missiles passive guidance and other missiles with active homing guidance. 12 - 120 km. Aerodynamic control surfaces and jet engines of control surfaces
- 9M100 10 - 15 km. The infrared active homing. Aerodynamic control surfaces and jet engines of control. Maximum maneuver G 60-20. surfaces
Basic performance characteristics of the S-350: The maximum number of simultaneously engaged targets: - Aerodynamic - 16 - Ballistic - 12 The maximum number of simultaneously induced missiles - 32 The affected area of aerodynamic purposes: - By range - 1,500 ... 120,000 m (120 km.) - Height - 10 m ... 30000 The affected area of ballistic targets: - By range - 1500 ... 30,000 m - Height - 2000 ... 25,000 m Time to bring SAM embattled from the march - 5 minutes;
All vehicles are based on a Bryansky Avtomobilny Zavod chassis.
After a delay, testing is expected to be completed in 2014. Mass production is expected to begin in 2015, and deliveries to the Russian Military are expected in 2016. The system would replace older versions of the S-300, and complement other systems including the newer S-300 versions, Morfey, Buk, Tor, Pantsir-S1, S-400 and S-500.
- 50P6E transporter erector launcher
- 50K6E command post
- 50N6E multifunctional radar
- (Russian)Strela newspaper 6 (125) June 2013
- http://aviationweek.com/awin/new-medium-sam-displayed-moscow-air-show New Medium SAM Displayed At Moscow Air Show
- "ЗЕНИТНАЯ РАКЕТНАЯ СИСТЕМА (ЗРС) С-350Е «ВИТЯЗЬ». ANTIAIRCRAFT MISSILE SYSTEM (AAMS) S-350Е «VITYAZ»". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Almaz-Antey plans to start delivery of S-350E Vityaz air defense system to Russian army in 2016 - Armyrecognition.com, 12 September 2013
- "30 """. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Lenta.ru: Россия: Армия: Комплекс ПВО «Витязь» пойдет в серию в 2015 году". Retrieved 24 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to S-350E.|
- S-350E Vityaz 50R6 surface-to-air defense missile system(Army recognition)
- Vityaz to replace S-300 air defense systems in 2014 - designer, RIA Novosti, August 15
- The first tests of the latest air defense system 50R6 “Vityaz” will be carried out in autumn, Russian Aviation, February 11, 2013
- (Russian) S-350E Vityaz at 2013 MAKS Airshow (Technical Specifications)
- Air Defence - the Opposite Side of Air Power "Vityaz" by Dr. Igor Sutyagin, RUSI.org