Vishwa Jain Sangathan
The symbol of Jainism, the Jain Prateek Chihna
zone of influence
|Formation||January 1, 2005|
|Type||Jain religious organization|
|Purpose||Religious, Political, Non Profit|
|Headquarters||New Delhi India|
|Hindi and English|
|Board of directors|
|Affiliations||Various Jain organizations|
|Part of a series on|
The organization has been involved in securing the status of an independent and minority religion for Jainism in India. It submitted a petition to the Delhi Government which played a part in Jains getting declared as a minority in Delhi. The organization has also presented memorandums to the Punjab Government for providing the status of a religious minority to Jains in Punjab.
Lucknow idol desecration
VJS also actively protested the desecration of Mahavira's idol in Lucknow.
- Abhinandan Mishra (2012-09-30). "Sibal's wife changes meat unit's name after Jains protest". Sunday-guardian.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Jain body to stage protest in Delhi on Dec 18". Indian Express. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Jainism Ahimsa News Religious Non-Violence Celebrities Literature Philosophy Matrimonial Institutions". Jainsamaj.org. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- Patil, Bal. "Article Archive | Jain Minority Status Delhi". Herenow4u.net. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "0.2 % in Punjab, Jains seek minority religion tag". Indian Express. 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Delhi Protest: Stern action against miscreants demanded by Jain Samaj". Ahimsa Sangh. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Protest Meet Against Idol Desceretion in Lucknow". Jainheritagecentres.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Finally officially declared ! ARIHANT EXPORTS Name has been changed as ARSHIYA EXPORTS with THE MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS". PeaceNext. 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2012-12-16.