|Birth name||Ricky John Sharpe|
|Also known as||Vince Kidd|
|Born||31 December 1984|
|Genres||Soul, jazz, R&B, pop, grime, hip hop|
Matthew Protheroe (born 31 December 1989) is a singer from South London. Under his real name, he was a member of The X Factor (UK series 4) finalist band called Futureproof, whilst under his alias Vince Kidd, he was a finalist on series one of the Voice UK.
Appearing on the second of four audition shows, Kidd auditioned with "Like a Virgin", originally by Madonna—with all four coaches electing for him to join their teams; from which Kidd selected Jessie J. During the battle rounds, Kidd sang "We Found Love" by Calvin Harris & Rihanna against seventeen-year-old Jessica Hammond—with Jessie crowning him the winner. In the second live show, Kidd performed Elvis Presley's rendition of "Always on My Mind"—proceeding to the next round on account of the public vote. In the fourth live show, Kidd performed Whitney Houston's "My Love Is Your Love"—proceeding once again to the next round on account of the public vote. In the semi-finals, Kidd performed "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse—advancing to the final in place of Becky Hill. In the final of The Voice UK, Kidd performed both "Many Rivers to Cross" and "Nobody's Perfect"—the latter alongside coach Jessie J—ultimately finishing in fourth place.
Following The Voice UK, an eight-track compilation was released in June 2012 featuring Kidd's renditions of "Like a Virgin" and "Always On My Mind"; entering the UK chart at number ninety-seven and one-hundred-and-thirty-four respectively. Vince released his debut extended play—Sick Love—in the United Kingdom on 4 November 2012; which peaked at number one-hundred-and-ninety-eight on the UK chart.
In May 2014 he lent his vocals to Alpines song, Zero, featured on their debut album. He also co-wrote the song.
He featured on the Hollaphonic song Dangerous, released on 9 February 2015. The song reached #1 in Qatar.
A song he co-wrote, What Would Dusty Do?, was recorded by X Factor 2014 finalist Andrea Faustini, and released on his debut album on 17 July 2015.
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions|
|"Sick Love" (feat Lady Leshurr)||2012||198|
|"The Zoo" (feat Shystie)||2013||-|
|"You & Me" (feat Kelz TBK)||-|
As featured artist
| "This Girl"
|2013||The Black Kupid 2: Mixtape|
(Hollaphonic Feat. Vince Kidd)
(Diego Miranda Feat. Vince Kidd)
| "Self Control"
(Calper and Vince Kidd)
|"Like A Virgin"||2012||The Voice UK, The Final 8 – The Album|
|"Always On My Mind"|
- "Profile: Vince Kidd". BBC. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "'The Voice UK' hopeful Vince Kidd made it to 'The X Factor' live shows with Futureproof". Telly Mix. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "UK Singles Chart: New Entries > 23 June 2012". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Vince Kidd - Sick Love - Extended Play". Amazon. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "UK Singles Chart: New Entries: 17 November 2012". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Vince Kidd unveils new video for 'The Zoo' with Vanessa White - watch - The Voice News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. 2013-04-21. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "iTunes - Music - You & Me (feat. Kelz Tbk) - Single by Vince Kidd". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-06-07. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Vince Kidd - Tijdlijnfoto's". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- "Vince Kidd". Twitter. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "The Voice UK, The Final 8 – The Album – Digital Download". Amazon UK. Retrieved 2012-06-10.