|IATA: UMD – ICAO: BGUM|
Greenland Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||50 ft / 15 m|
|Coordinates||70°40′49″N 052°09′42″W / 70.68028°N 52.16167°WCoordinates: 70°40′49″N 052°09′42″W / 70.68028°N 52.16167°W|
Location in Greenland
Source: Danish AIS
Uummannaq Heliport (IATA: UMD, ICAO: BGUM) is a heliport in Uummannaq, a town located on Uummannaq Island in the Qaasuitsup municipality in northwestern Greenland. There are no facilities in the heliport.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Greenland (settlement flights)||Ikerasak, Illorsuit, Niaqornat, Nuugaatsiaq, Saattut, Ukkusissat|
Air Greenland operates government contract flights to villages in the Uummannaq Fjord region. These mostly cargo flights are not featured in the timetable, although they can be pre-booked. Departure times for these flights as specified during booking are by definition approximate, with the settlement service optimized on the fly depending on local demand for a given day.
Neighboring Qaarsut Airport, located on Nuussuaq Peninsula on the other side of the Uummannaq fjord is the only daily connection available from Uummannaq, serving Dash-7 aircraft of Air Greenland. It functions as a mini-hub for Uummannaq, marketed as Uummannaq Airport regardless of its actual location, registration, documentation, and existing booking systems.
- Terminal hall
- Check-in desk
- Air Greenland Bell 212 helicopter
- Air Greenland Bell 212 helicopter approaching helipad
- Windsock and vista from the helipad towards Salliaruseq Island across Sarqarput Strait
- Unloading baggage from the Air Greenland Bell 212 helicopter
- A red postbox of Post Greenland by the entrance
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uummannaq Heliport.|
- Greenland AIP for BGUM – Uummannaq Heliport from Naviair
- "IATA Location Code Search (UMD: Uummannaq)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- Accident history for UMD at Aviation Safety Network
- "Booking system". Air Greenland. Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- Air Greenland, fare system rules
- Air Greenland, Timetable 2008
- Air Greenland, destination overview