Lausanne University Hospital
|Lausanne University Hospital|
|Location||Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland|
|Coordinates||46°31′30″N 6°38′36″E / 46.524875°N 6.643273°ECoordinates: 46°31′30″N 6°38′36″E / 46.524875°N 6.643273°E|
|Affiliated university||University of Lausanne|
|Lists||Hospitals in Switzerland|
The Lausanne University Hospital is linked to the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne (UNIL).
The university hospital acts as a general university hospital for people living in the Lausanne area, covering all areas of medical treatment. It also serves as a hospital offering acute and specialist care for the whole population of the canton de Vaud and parts of French-speaking Switzerland.
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Oncology (UNIL-CHUV)
- Department of Obstetric Gynaecology and Medical Genetics
- Department of the Musculoskeletal System
- Department of Education and Research (UNIL-CHUV)
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Psychiatry, see also Hospital of Cery
- Department of Medical Radiology
- Department of Interdisciplinary Centres and Medical Logistics
- Department of Laboratories
- Department of Clinical Neurosciences (there is a Department of Fundamental Neurosciences at the University of Lausanne)
- Department of Surgery and Anaesthesiology Services
- Department of Hospital Logistics
- Department of Community Medicine and Health
- Bugnon 21, headquarters of the University Hospital of Lausanne and of the deanship of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine.
- The west wing of the Orthopaedic Hospital.
- Policlinique médicale universitaire (Department of Ambulatory Care & Community Medicine of the University of Lausanne), with two helipads on its roof.
The missions of the hospital are care to the patients, research and teaching.
The CHUV is part of the 'Lausanne Integrative Metabolism and Nutrition Alliance', a joint research initiative aiming to promote research and education on metabolism, nutrition, ageing and all associated diseases, such as obesity, diabetes or cancer, in Lausanne area.
The University Hospital of Lausanne publish In vivo, a free magazine aimed at a large audience (general public). It is produced by the Swiss media agency Large Network and published in French an English.
- Swiss Cancer Centre
- Ludwig Cancer Research
- Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM)
- Institut universitaire romand de santé au travail (IST)
- École romande de santé publique (ERSP)
- University Centre of Legal Medicine (CURML)
- Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses
- Jules Gonin Eye Hospital
Notes and references
- Le CHUV en chiffres (page visited on 7 January 2013).
- "CHUV Lausanne". EBMT. 2016.
- "The University Hospital of Lausanne". Children Health Service Models. 2016.
- Le CHUV en bref (page visited on 8 October 2011).
- "Lausanne Clinical research site". HVTN. 2016.
- "Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois (CHUV), Lausanne". Helsana. 2016.
- "CHUV University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland". Hunkeler. 2016.
- "CHUV". Large Network. 2016.
- "State of the art medical facilities and quality care". Vaud. 2016.
- (French) Les entités du CHUV, www.chuv.ch (page visited on 5 September 2013).
- Map of the hospital campus, www.chuv.ch (page visited on 5 September 2013).
- "Centre medical d'Epalinges". Vidymed. 2016.
- "Hôpital de Cery". UNIL. 2016.
- "WHO welcomes Swissmedic approval of Ebola vaccine trial at Lausanne University Hospital". WHO. 28 October 2014.
- "About LINMA". LINMA. 2016.
- Center for Biomedical Imaging (page visited on 2 October 2011).
- Institut universitaire romand de santé au travail (page visited on 1 October 2011).
- Centre universitaire romand de médecine légale (page visited on 3 June 2012).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois (CHUV).|