University College of Technology Sarawak
UCTS main building
|Type||Private University College|
|Chancellor||Tun Pehin Sri Dr. Hj Abdul Taib Mahmud|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Dato' Dr. Abdul Hakim Juri|
University College of Technology Sarawak or UCTS is a university college located in Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia. It was established in 2013, and the soft-launching ceremony was made on 2014 by then Chief Minister of Sarawak, Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud. It is also among the few universities in Malaysia to have its very own Technology Park, and also aims to become the first university in Malaysia to achieve a Green Building Index (GBI) "Platinum Index" rating.
UCTS held its inaugural Convocation on October 8, 2016 and also the proclamation of the first Chancellor of the UCTS with the Governor of Sarawak, Tun Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud, officially proclaimed as the First Chancellor of UCTS.
Schools and Centres
As of October 2016, UCTS currently has 5 Faculties and 4 Centres:
- School of Foundation Studies
- School of Built Environment
- School of Business and Management
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Computing
- Centre for Research and Development
- Centre for Quality Assurance
- Centre for Entrepreneurial and Industrial Linkages
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
And all of their courses are fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).