Ueli Maurer (cryptographer)
Maurer studied electrical engineering at ETH Zurich and obtained his PhD in 1990, advised by James Massey. Afterwards, he joined Princeton university as a postdoc. In 1992, he became part of the computer science faculty of ETH Zurich.
From 2002 until 2008, Maurer also served on the board of Tamedia AG.
Maurer is editor of the Journal of Cryptology and used to be editor-in-chief.
In 2015, he was named a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery "for contributions to cryptography and information security."
- Ueli Maurer: Towards the equivalence of breaking the Diffie-Hellman protocol and computing discrete logarithms. In: Advances in Cryptology - Crypto '94. Springer-Verlag, 1994, S. 271−281.
- Tamedia AG Medienmitteilung 23. April 2008: Jahresabschluss 2007
- ACM Fellows Named for Computing Innovations that Are Advancing Technology in the Digital Age, Association for Computing Machinery, 2015, retrieved 2015-12-09.
- Literature by and about Ueli Maurer (cryptographer) in the German National Library catalogue
- Website of Ueli Maurer at ETH Zurich