Williams during a game against the Denver Broncos in 2015
|No. 16 San Diego Chargers|
|Date of birth:||February 12, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Salem, Oregon|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||204 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Turner (OR) Cascade|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2016|
Tyrell Williams (born February 12, 1992) is an American football wide receiver for the San Diego Chargers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Western Oregon. He was signed by the Chargers in 2015 as an undrafted free agent.
San Diego Chargers
On May 2, 2015, Williams was signed as an undrafted free agent by the San Diego Chargers following the 2015 NFL Draft. On September 19, 2015, he was waived. On September 22, 2015, he was signed to the Chargers' practice squad. On November 21, 2015, he was promoted to the active roster.
On January 3, 2016, Williams made his first catch of the season and caught an 80-yard touchdown reception. He finished the game with two catches for a total of 90-yards and one touchdown in a 20-27 loss to the Denver Broncos.
To begin the 2016 season, Williams made two catches for 71 yards in the season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs. He became the third wide receiver behind Dontrelle Inman and Travis Benjamin after starting wide receivers Keenan Allen and Stevie Johnson were placed on injured-reserve for the season. The following week, he caught three passes for 61-yards and caught his first touchdown of the season on a 44-yard reception against the Jacksonville Jaguars. On October 9, 2016, he had his first career game with over 100 receiving yards against the Oakland Raiders. He finished the game with five receptions for 117-yards and a touchdown in the Chargers 31-34 loss.
- Gehlken, Michael (May 2, 2015). "Chargers add 21 rookies after draft". San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Gehlken, Michael (September 19, 2015). "Chargers waive WR Tyrell Williams, sign safety". San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Williams, Eric D. (November 21, 2015). "Chargers promote Tyrell Williams from practice squad to active roster". ESPN. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- Poehler, Bill (September 23, 2015). "Tyrell Williams signed to Chargers' practice squad". Statesman Journal. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "NFL Player Profile:Tyrell Williams". NFL.com. Retrieved November 4, 2016.