Tulsa Promenade

Tulsa Promenade Mall
Location Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Coordinates 36°06′14″N 95°55′19″W / 36.104009°N 95.92207°W / 36.104009; -95.92207Coordinates: 36°06′14″N 95°55′19″W / 36.104009°N 95.92207°W / 36.104009; -95.92207
Opening date 1965
Owner Tulsa Promenade LLC[1]
No. of stores and services 100+
No. of anchor tenants 3
Total retail floor area 926,426
No. of floors 2
Parking 4,187

Tulsa Promenade Mall is a 926,426-square-foot (86,067.8 m2) shopping center located in the Midtown section of Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is anchored by Dillard's, JCPenney and Macy's and a fourth anchor store last occupied by Mervyns until 2005.[2]


The original structure was built in 1965 as an outdoor shopping center called Southland, anchored by Brown-Dunkin[3] (now Dillard’s[4]) and JCPenney. In 1986, the property was rebuilt as an indoor mall, retaining the Dillard's and JCPenney stores as anchors while adding mervyns (now Sky Fitness) as a third. Campbell Company developed the original plaza, and Robert B. Aikens converted it to the present-day mall structure.[5]

The next physical renovation to Tulsa Promenade Mall was in 1996 with parking structures on the north and south sides of the center, expansion of Dillard’s and addition of Foley's. In 1998 the Hollywood Palace 12 Theatre opened. The 1999 renovation added carpeting, fixtures, additional restrooms. The tenant mix was enhanced significantly over the next few years with the addition of El Chico restaurant and many retail concepts. In 2005, the center was renovated with the addition of a soft play area, indoor fountains and planters, a glass elevator and a newly designed exterior corner consisting of signage and landscaping.

Mervyns, which occupied two floors on the west end of the mall as an anchor store, closed in 2005. In 2011 approximately 75% of the first floor (of the former Mervyns space) was leased by Sky Fitness, leaving about 25% of the first floor and 100% of the second floor still vacant.[6]



Food court restaurants include Chick-Fil-A, Chinese Gourmet Express, It's Greek To Me, Subway, Taj Flavor and Great American Cookies. Casual dining restaurants include Camille's Sidewalk Cafe and El Chico.


  1. "Glimcher Sells Tulsa Promenade Mall | Commercial Property Executive". cpexecutive.com. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
  2. "Mervyns to close three Tulsa, Okla., stores. - Tulsa World (Tulsa, OK) | HighBeam Research". highbeam.com. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
  3. "Magnificent Mall - Tulsa World: Archives". tulsaworld.com. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
  4. Rosenberg, L.J. Dillard's, the first fifty years. University of Arkansas Press. p. 46. ISBN 9781610751254. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
  5. "Tulsa Mall to Expand, Move Indoors | News OK". newsok.com. Retrieved 2015-04-05.
  6. "Sky Fitness takes anchor site at Tulsa Promenade Mall - Tulsa World: Archives". tulsaworld.com. Retrieved 2015-04-05.

External links

This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/7/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.