Tsaritsyno (Russian: Царицыно) is a district within the Southern Administrative Okrug of Moscow. Area: 426,2 ha. Its current name is traced back to 1775. Previously, Tsaritsyno was known under several other names: the Chernogryaznaya Waste (from 1589), Chernaya Gryaz (before 1683/84 and from 1612), Bogorodskoye settlement (after 1684) and Lenino (September 28, 1918 – August 1991). Tsaritsyno hosts such landmarks as Tsaritsyno Estate or Arshinovskiy Forest Park.
In 1960, Lenino was incorporated into the Proletarsky District of Moscow and, in 1968, to Krasnogvardeysky District.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tsaritsyno.|
- Official website (Russian)