- Trauma surgeon
- Emergency physician
- Emergency Department Technician
- Respiratory therapist
- Surgical subspecialists
- Medical laboratory scientist
Other specialities can be added depending on the nature of the injury, for example a neurosurgeon will attend if there is a serious head injury. All staff should be trained in Advanced Trauma Life Support techniques. Each hospital will have a list of criteria that require the activation of the trauma team, such as a fall of over 6 meters or a fracture of 2 or more bones.
- "The performance and assessment of hospital trauma teams". Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine (published 13). 18: 66. December 2010. doi:10.1186/1757-7241-18-66. PMID 21144035. Check date values in:
- Jeff Garner; Greaves, Ian; Ryan, James R.; Porter, Keith R. (2009). Trauma care manual. London: Hodder Arnold. pp. 69–77. ISBN 978-0-340-92826-4.
- Feliciano, David V.; Mattox, Kenneth L.; Moore, Ernest J (2013). Trauma, Seventh Edition (Trauma (Moore)). McGraw-Hill Professional. ISBN 978-0-07-166351-9.