The Tipulomorpha are an infraorder of Nematocera, containing the crane flies, a very large group, and allied families.
One recent classification based largely on fossils splits this group into a series of extinct superfamilies (below), and includes members of other infraorders, but this has not gained wide acceptance.
- Superfamily Eopolyneuridea
- Family Eopolyneuridae - (Upper Triassic)
- Family Musidoromimidae - (Upper Triassic)
- Superfamily Tipulodictyidea extinct
- Family Tipulodictyidae - (Upper Triassic)
- Superfamily Tanyderophryneidea extinct
- Family Tanyderophryneidae - (Middle Jurassic)
- Superfamily Tipuloidea
- Family Architipulidae extinct (Upper Triassic)-(Pan Jurassic)
- Family Eolimnobiidae extinct (Lower Jurassic)
- Superfamily Eoptychopteridea extinct
- Family Eoptychopteridae - (Lower Jurassic)