İbrahim Hakkı shrine in Tillo, Siirt
|Coordinates: 37°57′03″N 42°00′48″E / 37.95083°N 42.01333°ECoordinates: 37°57′03″N 42°00′48″E / 37.95083°N 42.01333°E|
|• Mayor||Mehmet Mesut Memduhoğlu (AKP)|
|• Kaymakam||Mehmet Şirin Yaşar|
|• District||69.20 km2 (26.72 sq mi)|
|• District density||56/km2 (150/sq mi)|
Syriac language Tillo means holy spirits, and appropriately it is the home of many tombs. In the 1514 reign of Yavuz Sultan Selim, Tillo was taken by the Ottoman Empire by the Çaldıran Victory. After Tillo became a district of Siirt, it was named Aydınlar. It has an ancient cultural and social history. Lots of visitors come to visit the mausoleums of holy persons such İsmail Fakirullah Hz.,İbrahim Hakkı Hz., Şeyh Hamza El Kebir Hz., Şeyh Mücahit Hz., Gavsul Memduh Hz., Zemzemul Hassa Hz.(Kadın Evliya).
Name of the district is changed on 30-October-2013 by Turkish Parliament after change of constitutional law, which forbids languages to be used for city names other than Turkish, on 30-September-2013.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.