Thor (video codec)
On July 22, 2015, Thor was presented to the IETF as a candidate for their NETVC video standard. Thor uses some Cisco elements that are also used by HEVC. As part of the NETVC work, the Constrained Low-Pass Filter (CLPF) and motion compensation techniques used in Thor were tested in conjunction with the lapped transform coding techniques from the Daala codec.
- A. Fuldseth, G. Bjontegaard, M. Zanaty, e.a. (2016-03-18). "Thor Video Codec". IETF. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "NETVC IETF 93". Internet Engineering Task Force. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- "Thor: High Efficiency, Moderate Complexity Video Codec using only RF IPR" (PDF). Internet Engineering Task Force. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- NETVC Hackathon Results IETF 93 (Prague) (PDF)
- Source code repository on GitHub