The Infinite (album)
The Infinite is the 19th album by trumpeter Dave Douglas. It was released on the RCA label in 2002 and features performances by Douglas, Chris Potter, Uri Caine, James Genus, and Clarence Penn.
The Allmusic review by Dave Lynch awarded the album 3 stars stating "The Infinite is a strong debut release from Douglas' New Quintet. Those with tastes tending toward post-bop and pre-fusion jazz should find much to like here, with the album perhaps serving as an entry point to the trumpeter's more chance-taking endeavors". On All About Jazz C. Andrew Hovan said "The Infinite is the record I've been waiting for Dave to make for some time now. It's not too left of center, has a drummer on board, and allows Douglas' own eclectic sense of musical adventure to run wild".
All compositions by Dave Douglas except as indicated
- "Poses" (Rufus Wainwright) - 5:38
- "The Infinite" - 6:34
- "Penelope" - 9:15
- "Crazy Games" (Mary J. Blige, Kenneth Dickerson) - 4:38
- "Waverly" - 7:23
- "Yorke" - 6:18
- "Unison" (Björk) - 5:01
- "Deluge" - 5:43
- "Argo" - 3:35
- ↑ Roussel, P., Discography of Dave Douglas, accessed July 21, 2015
- 1 2 Lynch, D. Allmusic Review accessed September 26, 2011
- ↑ Hovan, C. A., All About Jazz Review, April 12, 2002