The Grilled Cheese Truck
The Grilled Cheese Truck's logo
|Food truck company specializing in grilled cheese sandwiches|
|Successor||TRIG Acquisition 1, Inc.|
|Founded||Los Angeles, 2009|
|Founder||Dave Danhi and Michele Grant|
|Southern California, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Austin|
The Grilled Cheese Truck is a food truck company serving gourmet "chef driven" grilled cheese sandwiches. The company started in Los Angeles in 2009, and has since expanded throughout Southern California, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Austin.
The Grilled Cheese Truck started as a joint venture between Dave Danhi (a Los Angeles-based chef) and Michele Grant (an entrepreneur). Danhi devised the idea when he competed in the 7th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational, a grilled cheese competition, that takes place every Spring in Los Angeles, California. As he left the competition and saw the food trucks lined up outside, as well as the interest in grilled cheese from the competition, he got the idea to open the "grilled cheese food truck".
The Grilled Cheese Truck has been awarded accolades including "10 Best Grilled Cheese Trucks" and one of the "Top 10 Sandwiches in LA". Danhi and the truck have had television appearances on The Price is Right, Unwrapped, House of Food, Be Our Guest, The Rachael Ray Show, The Joan and Melissa Show, and The Cooking Channel. Danhi's grilled cheese recipes have appeared in talk shows, magazines, blogs and cookbooks.
In 2012, when Grant left the company, the company merged with TRIG Acquisition 1, Inc., forming Grilled Cheese Truck, Inc. This merger helped to expand the company to other markets, and they have plans to become the first publicly traded food truck. The company also enlisted General Wesley Clark (USA, Ret.) to help bring The Grilled Cheese Truck national. His primary focus is to help promote, identify, train, support, and help franchise return service veterans with their own Grilled Cheese Trucks.
- Kneiszel, Judy. "The Grilled Cheese Truck". QSR Magazine. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Seftel, Briana. "10 Best: Grilled Cheese Trucks". Culture Cheese Mag.com. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Narins, Rachael. "10 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Los Angeles". LA Weekly. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "A Grilled Cheese Showcase". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Unwrapped: Midnight Munchies". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "The Food Truck Craze". The Rachael Ray Show. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "The Cooking Channel: Grilled Cheese Battle". youtube.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Gim, Sarah J. "Cheesy Mac n Rib Recipe from The Grilled Cheese Truck". Tastespotting: the blog. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Elliott, Debbie. "Food Truck Cookbook Tracks Best Meals Served On Wheels". npr.org. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Meagher, Bill. "The Grilled Cheese Truck raising up to $5M in general-solicitation offering Read more: The Grilled Cheese Truck raising up to $5M in general solicitation offering". www.thedeal.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Aldridge, James. "The Grilled Cheese Truck eyeing San Antonio for veterans franchise expansion". The San Antonio Business Journal. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Lindenberg, Brett. "The Grilled Cheese Truck: Powered by Social Media, Veterans, and Founder Dave Danhi". Food Truck Empire.com. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
13. Goldstein, Peter J. ,US Foods VS Grilled Cheese Military, Inc 16K07489, FINRA Examination 20140407552, SEC, US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida, CASE 98-20914-RBR
- Heather Taylor: Chef Speak: LA Street Food Fest. Huffington Post.
- Usheroff, Marni. "Gen. Clark Stumps for Vets, grilled cheese", ' ' Orange County Register ' ', Los Angeles, 10 November 2013. Retrieved on 13 March 2014.
- Sablan, Kevin (February 24, 2014). "Grilled Cheese Truck to expand fleet with veterans". Orange County Register. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Zimmer, Erin. "Street Food Profiles: The Grilled Cheese Truck". seriouseats.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.