The Four Journeys
- The Journey to the North (composed during the Ming dynasty) is on the apotheosis of True-Warrior (Chen-wu, Zhen-wu) as Mysterious-Heaven Supreme-Emperor (Hsuan-t'ien Shang-ti, Xuan-tian Shang-di).
- The Journey to the South was composed by Yu Xiangdou.
- The Journey to the East was composed by Wu Yuan-tai (fl. 1522-1526).
- The Journey to the West is composed by Yang Zhihe, and is based on the same subject, but distinct from Wu Cheng'en's epic novel Journey to the West.
- Gary Seaman (tr.) : Journey to the North. U of California Pr, 1987.
- list of personages in the Journey to the North
- "Divine Authorship of the Journey to the North".
These four Chinese novels are distinct from "The Four Journeys in Mysticism" known to the Ṣūfī (Seyed Safavi : "The Practice of Mysticism" -- In :- TRANSCENDENT PHILOSOPHY, Vol. 2, 2001).