|Launched||26 November 2014|
|Owned by||That's Solent Ltd|
Local TV Macro Network:|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
That's Solent is a local television station on the south coast of England.
That's Solent is a local TV channel, that according to Ofcom (the UK telecoms regulator), broadcasts to Southampton including Eastleigh, Fareham and parts of the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth and Winchester. Ofcom granted a licence to That's Solent on 14 August 2014 with a commencement date of 26 November 2014 and the licence, subject to conditions, will remain in force until 25 November 2025.
In March 2016, the station was placed on notice by OFCOM over persistent technical issues in its programming, along with its sister stations, That's Lancashire, That's Manchester and That's Oxfordshire.
That's Solent Limited was licensed by the Ofcom in 2012 after a bidding process. That's Solent Ltd is owned by SIX TV Ltd, trading as That's TV, with the That's Media Ltd as the ultimate parent company.
Broadcasting and reception
That's Solent is broadcast from the Rowridge transmitting station on the Isle of Wight and covers the area around the Solent and Southampton Water. It broadcasts on Freeview channel 7 and is also available on Wightfibre. The studios are based in Cosham, Portsmouth.
The channel features a two-hour live news programme called Solent Headline News. This is broadcast between 5.30pm and 7.30pm Monday to Friday, and anchored by Charlotte Briere-Edney.
- "That's Solent TV station begins broadcasting on Freeview". Southern Daily Echo. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Copy of That's Solent Broadcasting Licence" (PDF). Ofcom. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "That's Solent wins Local TV license for Southampton". Isle of Wight News. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "About Us". That's TV. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- OFCOM Broadcast Bulletin - issue 301
- "Ofcom awards local TV licence to Southampton company backed by Johnston Press and Newsquest". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "That's Solent licence application" (PDF). Ofcom. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Predicted That's Solent Coverage". Recombu. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "New local TV channel". ITV. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Rival publishers collaborate over local TV bid". Hold The Front Page. Retrieved 2013-08-04.