|Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL)|
|Founder||Government of India|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Vinod Kumar (CEO & MD)|
|Revenue||US$3.2 billion (2014)|
|US$182 million (2011)|
Number of employees
Tata Communications Limited is a global Telecom company of Indian business conglomerate Tata Group. The company’s infrastructure includes sub-sea, terrestrial communications networks, data centers and it provides fixed line and wireless services. It also holds shares in Neotel in South Africa, Tata Communications Lanka Limited in Sri Lanka and United Telecom in Nepal. Tata Communications also holds stake in Tata Teleservices Limited, the 6th largest mobile service provider in India with 62.57 million subscribers in April 2015.
The company was founded as Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) in 1986. In 2002, Tata Group acquired a 45% stake in VSNL. The international arm of VSNL, VSNL International, was launched in 2004.
VSNL was completely acquired by the Tata Group and renamed as Tata Communications Limited on 13 February 2008. In 2009, Tata Communications and Tyco Telecommunications completed the TGN-Intra Asia cable system. Tata Communications Limited is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.
Tata Communications signed an agreement with Formula 1 in 2012 to be the official communications provider for the sport and providers core data services that includes powering the website and providing live timing services.
In January 2016, Windstream Communications announced it was extending its 100G network from New Jersey fiber operator NJFX's presence at Tata's Cable Landing Station (CLS) in Wall Township, N.J., to Ashburn, Virginia's Internet hub, estimated to be the hub for 70 percent of the world's Internet traffic.
- Tata Communications Transformation Services (TCTS)
- Tata Communications Data Centers Limited (TCDC)
- Tata Communications Payment Solutions Limited (TCPSL)
- "Tata Communications Website". Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Tata Communications Ltd: Information from". Mumbai.
- "Telecom Subscription data, January 2015" (PDF). TRAI. 16 June 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Tata Communications signs F1 global technology".
- "Windstream establishes 100G express route in red-hot Ashburn, Va. market via NJFX". fiercetelecom.com. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2016-01-30.