Egerton at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival
Taron David Egerton|
10 November 1989
Birkenhead, Wirral, Cheshire, England
|Alma mater||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
|Home town||Aberystwyth, Wales|
Taron David Egerton (born 10 November 1989) is a Welsh actor. He is known for his role as Dennis "Asbo" Severs in the British television series The Smoke and Gary "Eggsy" Unwin in Kingsman: The Secret Service. He appeared in the British drama film Testament of Youth, as Edward Brittain. He also played Mad Teddy in the film Legend, starring Tom Hardy, and starred as Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards in the film Eddie the Eagle.
Egerton was born in Birkenhead, Merseyside, England, to parents from Liverpool. His grandmother is Welsh. His first name is a variation of "Taran", which is Welsh for "thunder". His father and family ran a bed-and-breakfast and his mother works in social services. He was raised around Wirral, England, but his family moved to the island of Anglesey, in Wales. He then moved to Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, where he spent most of his childhood, and moved with his family to Aberystwyth, Wales, when he was twelve. Egerton considers himself Welsh "through and through", and speaks conversational Welsh. He attended Ysgol Penglais comprehensive school. Egerton is an RADA-trained actor who graduated with a BA (Hons) Acting in 2012. He is a tenor through music and dance, specialising in stage combat, and his interests include literature and travel.
Egerton played Gary "Eggsy" Unwin, the protégé of Harry Hart (Colin Firth), in Matthew Vaughn's film Kingsman: The Secret Service. Egerton co-starred in Testament of Youth, based on the life of Vera Brittain, which starred Alicia Vikander and Kit Harington as the leads and appeared in the two-part episode "The Ramblin' Boy" in the seventh series of Lewis as Liam Jay.
He was named one of GQ's 50 best-dressed British men in 2015 and in 2016.
|2014||Kingsman: The Secret Service||Gary "Eggsy" Unwin||Empire Award for Best Male Newcomer|
Nominated—BAFTA Rising Star Award
Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Breakout Star
|2014||Testament of Youth||Edward Brittain||Nominated—London Film Festival for British Newcomer|
|2015||Legend||Edward "Mad Teddy" Smith|
|2016||Eddie the Eagle||Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards|
|2017||Billionaire Boys Club||Dean Karny||In post-production|
|2017||Kingsman: The Golden Circle||Gary "Eggsy" Unwin||In post-production|
|2013||Lewis||Liam Jay||2 episodes|
|2014||The Smoke||Dennis "Asbo" Severs||8 episodes|
- Taylor, Ben (4 March 2015). "5 things about... your new British crush Taron Egerton". Swide. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Meet Taron Egerton: 12 Things to Know About the 'Kingsman' Breakout". Yahoo Movies. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Owens, Dave (4 January 2015). "'A star is born' – Welsh actor Taron Egerton receives the Seal of approval from Hollywood Bible Variety". Wales Online. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Howell, Jordan (12 April 2013). "Jamie Bamber, Jodie Whittaker for Sky1 drama 'The Smoke'". imediamonkey.com. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (25 July 2013). "Matthew Vaughn Eyes Newcomer Taron Egerton for 'Secret Service'". variety.com. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Taron Egerton on The Jonathan Ross Show, said starting at 0:52". youtube.com. 25 January 2015.
- "Meet Taron Egerton: 12 Things to Know About the 'Kingsman' Breakout". yahoo.com. 13 February 2015.
- "Egerton's bio as of December 24, 2014".
- MR PORTER. "Mr Taron Egerton". Mr Taron Egerton - The Look - The Journal - Issue 199 - 13 January 2015 - MR PORTER.
- "Taron Egerton, UK Stars of Tomorrow 2014". screendaily.com.
- Ge, Linda (13 February 2014). "Taron Egerton, Colin Morgan and Alexandra Roach Join Alicia Vikander in 'Testament of Youth'". upandcomers.net. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Scott, Mike (November 11, 2015). "Kevin Spacey's 'Billionaire's Boys Club,' WWE Studios' 'Brothers Blood' headed for New Orleans shoots". nola.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "50 Best Dressed Men in Britain 2015". GQ. 5 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taron Egerton.|