Entrance of Talmei Yaffe
|Coordinates: 31°37′2.63″N 34°36′48.23″E / 31.6173972°N 34.6133972°ECoordinates: 31°37′2.63″N 34°36′48.23″E / 31.6173972°N 34.6133972°E|
|Founded by||Polish and Romanian immigrants|
Talmei Yaffe (Hebrew: תַּלְמֵי יָפֶה, lit. Yaffe Furrows) is a moshav shitufi in southern Israel. Located near Ashkelon, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hof Ashkelon Regional Council. In 2015 it had a population of 805.
Talmei Yaffe was founded in 1950 as a kibbutz by immigrants from Poland and Romania on the former lands of the abandoned Arab village of Barbara. It was named after Leib Yaffe, a director-general of Keren Hayesod who was killed in the car bombing of the Jewish Agency building in Jerusalem in 1948. In 1961 it was converted to a moshav shitufi.